PSU-1000ATX-12N or 1300 ... wanted

Complete water cooling systems (for example: Exos-2.5, PC5-1336, etc.)...
DocHammoc
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

PSU-1000ATX-12N or 1300 ... wanted

Postby DocHammoc » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:53 pm

I've got a Koolance PSU-1000ATX-12N and am having issues. I've had the 1300W variety also and am aware of the problems with these beasts. You know, the green DC light on the back flashes and the it refuses to power on but instead "cycles" on and off. Doing a hard reset (by turning off, unplugging for 20+ secs, cmos reset the PC .. etc, etc ... sometimes works.

Anyway, it's such a beautiful beast that I'd like a spare and hopefully keep one working somehow. Anyone have one???

Any tips for keeping or getting it to work? Koolance has stopped supporting years ago.

PM or reply

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: PSU-1000ATX-12N or 1300 ... wanted

Postby Izerous » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:19 pm

I had the older style PSU-1200ATX-12S that ran for years the problem was that the fluid level was starting to drop over time and the coolant used is not the regular stuff. It was quite expensive for a 500ml bottle of the special stuff. It's probably the same liquid in the newer ones.

Normally I'd suggest taking the thing apart, looking over the internal components for bad capacitors and anything else showing signs of stress damage but with how expensive the fluid was I wouldn't bother until you have a spare in hand and can save some of the excess fluid from one for the other.

Also a quicker way to do a full power purge instead of waiting 20 seconds after unplugging etc. This will cause all of the capacitors and other things still holding power to fully drain. The short moment of power shouldn't hurt anything if done once in a while but I wouldn't start doing it 10x a day.
-Unplug Power Cable
-If applicable leave power toggle on PSU to on state
-Press power button on computer
-Plug back into wall
-Power on normally
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Return to “Water Cooling Systems & Kits”