Build Help

Complete water cooling systems (for example: Exos-2.5, PC5-1336, etc.)...
mikotoiii
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Build Help

Postby mikotoiii » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:56 am

Hey guys,

I'll start off by saying that I'm fairly new to liquid cooling.

So here's the deal, my system right now is generating too much heat, way too much heat. I think the next step is to bite the bullet and liquid cool the son of a gun. The alternative is to use 4-6x5.25 bays to add 2x120mm fans in a jury rigged fashion as intakes for my top compartment. I'll admit that this is cheaper, but with my graphics cards running at 60% fan, they run at 75, and 70 degrees C respectively (can't remember the CPU temp off the top of my head but even at idle it's high), and I don't think that adding 2 120mm fans will reduce the heat that much (thoughts?).

My specs are as follows:

Motherboard: EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard 132-BL-E758-A1
Processor: Intel Core i7 930
Graphics 1: EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Core 216 55NM
Graphics 2: EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Core 216 55NM
Case: Lian Li PC-V2110B
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000 Modular PSU
RAM: Corasir Dominator 12GB 6x2GB

Because of the "compartmental" nature of the case I have, I will not need cooling for the hard drives, or the power supply. I will also be able to run hosing through the top of the case from the nicely included hose holes. I also figure that I can air cool the ram, as well as the northbridge and southbridge.

I think that I can get away with the following for a system:
3 x Nozzle Pair, Swivel Angled [For ID: 10mm (3/8"), OD: 13mm (1/2")]
2 x GPU-220
1 x CPU-370
1 x Exos-2.5 Kit (EX2-1055) Cooling System, Aluminum [no nozzles]
? x QDC - Not sure how many of these I'll need. I definitely would like to do the QDC loop for draining as opposed to a drain valve.
6ft 10mm ID hose.
3 x bottles non conductive coolant

If there's anything that I may have missed, and any pointers would be much obliged.

Thanks,

Mikoto

[Koolance] James
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Re: Build Help

Postby [Koolance] James » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:31 am

Hello mikotoiii,

We normally recommend additional heat sinks when using generic blocks (GPU-200, 210, or 220).

As far as quick disconnects go, if you are only concerned about ease of draining, you would only need 1 pair (though the more you got, the easier it would be to drain).

If you connected everything on your list, I think you would end up with an unopened bottle of coolant and then some. I don't think you'll need all three, but there's nothing wrong with having extra.

Other than that, your list looks good to me.

James

Return to “Water Cooling Systems & Kits”