New Help From Master and Expert

Complete water cooling systems (for example: Exos-2.5, PC5-1336, etc.)...
egarayrosa
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

New Help From Master and Expert

Postby egarayrosa » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 am

Hi i have a problem with my wcs
my hardware
msi 890fxa-gd70
cpu amd phenom 2 x6 t1100
2 x amd 6990

my wcs
koolance exos 2.5
Koolance Dual VID Connector Adj 2-3 Slot CNT-VDA34-BK
Koolance CPU-370 Extreme CPU 1.5mm Midplate Water Block
Koolance QDC High Flow No-Spill Shutoff, Male VL3N-M13S
Koolance QDC HF No-Spill Shutoff Female VL3N-F13S
Koolance Nozzle Single, G 1/4" Compression NZL-V13
Koolance Liquid Coolant High-Performance, 700m Blue
Koolance Tubing, Clear PVC HOS-13CL 13mm ID/ 16mm OD
Koolance Blocks, Vid-Ar699 x 2

with all this i get better result with the stock fan of amd 6990
i get in stock fan 44c degree
an with wcs i get 48-60c degree

need your help, i build this computer for unlock sl3 via brute force
what other hardware need for this pc working fine
wait your answer and opinion thank you

Tuthsok
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: New Help From Master and Expert

Postby Tuthsok » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:05 am

This is what comes to mind for me when thinking about your issue...

I think a single exos 2.5 may be a bit under powered for cooling a cpu and a pair of 6990s. Since they are dual GPU cards cooling each of them is like cooling 2 high heat devices as described on this koolance page:

http://www.koolance.com/technical/howto ... ex_01.html

In total you would be cooling 5 of these "high heat devices". From reading in these and other forums it seems that a rule of thumb is to have one 120 rad space unit per high head device at a minimum.

I am in a similar situation. I cool a cpu and a gtx590 and am pretty maxed out with a single 360 radiator setup. If I was to add a second gtx590 I would be adding another 360 radiator to my loop.

also, are you running the fans and pump at maximum? I think that the full 1000W of heat dissipation that the exos2.5 is rated at would be when running it at full power.

EDIT: Wanted to correct and say that a single exos 2.5 may be a bit under powered for the temperatures you are trying to achieve. Not sure what sl3 unlocking is but if it is similar to running your system at full load during Folding@Home then that single exos 2.5 isn't doing a bad job for the number of "high heat devices" it is having to cool. But I would still add a second 360 rad to the mix if it was me :)
Last edited by Tuthsok on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:08 am

Yeah just add another internal rad into your loop, maybe a 2x120 or larger and make sure your using quality fans on the booster rad.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

egarayrosa
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby egarayrosa » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Izerous wrote:Yeah just add another internal rad into your loop, maybe a 2x120 or larger and make sure your using quality fans on the booster rad.

i have a case coolmaster haf 932, what its the best rad that u can recommender me, im reading about blackice but i dont know what select can some body talk me what its the better thank you,

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:12 am

If you read the product description of the EXOS units they have Aluminum raditors, for a secondary radiator you will want to purchase another aluminum radiator. Koolance is pretty much the only company I'm aware of that makes both copper and aluminum radiators. Everyone else seems to stick strictly with copper.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

egarayrosa
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby egarayrosa » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:35 pm

Izerous wrote:If you read the product description of the EXOS units they have Aluminum raditors, for a secondary radiator you will want to purchase another aluminum radiator. Koolance is pretty much the only company I'm aware of that makes both copper and aluminum radiators. Everyone else seems to stick strictly with copper.

ok i have a case haf 932 what rad do you recommender me an internal rad or an external unit like this KIT-EHX1020AL and another pump or can work with the same pump of exos 2.5 wait your help thank you

Tuthsok
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Tuthsok » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:21 am

Copied, with permission, from private message conversation on this topic.

egarayrosa wrote:
Tuthsok wrote:Hi,

That kit you quoted (KIT-EHX1020AL) looks nice. By its self I think it is meant to be modded into the top of case. If you wanted it to be fully external you would probably want to add it to the Koolance radiator enclosure ENC-360.

But with a CoolerMaster HAF 932 you should be able to put a bare 3x120 radiator in the top of the case. I have a CoolerMaster HAF X with a 3x120 radiator inside in the top. You can see pictures of my setup here:

http://64.141.0.60/RMA/

I used these pictures to RMA my first EVGA GTX590 Hydro Copper card as it had a leak in the block. The first and last picture are full system shots. The others are showing the leak in the water block seam which showed up during the initial leak test.

Since you don't see it in the pictures my radiator/pump setup is the Koolance RP-401X2 with a pair of PMP-400 pumps in series.

I agree with Izerous that a second radiator should be aluminum so it matches the existing one in the EXOS 2.5. The only other radiators that I know of that are being produced in aluminum are the AquaComputer Aquaplex modular ones but I have not seem them for sale yet as they are quite new.

With all the radiators and blocks that your system would have I would think another pump would be a good idea. I would probably recommend a Koolance PMP-450 (for it's higher flow) with or without the COV-RP450 top.

An interesting read on running dual pumps in a system can be seen here:

http://martinsliquidlab.org/2011/04/26/ ... -parallel/

I hope some of this helps. Ask if you have more questions and I will try to help.

Also... Is it ok if I copy/paste this conversation into the forums thread you have going? It may be of help to others. It would also give others with more experience the opportunity to correct me if there are better options.

Cheers,

Yes u can copy and paste thia conversation what acceaorie do you use for connect the 3 fan in the psu.

Tuthsok wrote:Hi,

I control my pumps and fans with:

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/p ... ct_id=1178

and

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/p ... ct_id=1179

I control all 3 fans on my radiator together using:

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/p ... uct_id=642

connected to one of the fan headers on the boards shown above.

Small Correction: I actually use the TMS-200 and TMS-EB200. I quoted the TMS-205 and TMS-EB205 above as they are the current and available versions.

Return to “Water Cooling Systems & Kits”