Another water cooling advice thread :D

Complete water cooling systems (for example: Exos-2.5, PC5-1336, etc.)...
braudrist
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Another water cooling advice thread :D

Postby braudrist » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:22 pm

I was thinking of getting the Koolance Exos-2.5 external water cooling unit. I just had a couple of questions about it. First of all, i'd like to know how big the reservoir is or better yet how many (ml) I will need to fill it up. I've downloaded and read the instructions but I can't seem to find it in there. At frozencpu, you have the option of buying a Koolance 700ml liquid, but i'm wondering if that's enough to fill the reservoir. Secondly, i'm gonna be running it for the CPU and two GPUs. The CPU is a i7 980x but i'm not gonna overclock it heavily and the GPUs are two 580 GTX which I will try to overclock as much as I can. So, my question is: will the Koolance Exos-2.5 radiators be able to dissipate that much of a heat? It says it can handle 1000w so will I be pushing it? Lastly, I was thinking of getting the DangerDen VGA copper waterblocks but then I read the Koolance Exos' radiators are aluminum and those two don't mix up well. So am I better off getting the Koolance VGA waterblocks instead?

Any help and or advice is appreciated.

DDuckMan
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Another water cooling advice thread :D

Postby DDuckMan » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:03 am

I have 2x 580GTX Koolance blocks and a CPU370 for my i7 950. With about 10' of the 10mm I.D. hose, it takes about 650ml to fill it.

Both GPUs and the CPU are overclocked and the Exos 2.5 has more than enough cooling capacity for my sustem.

I'm not sure about copper block compatibility. Most copper blocks are plated for protection so you would probably be ok, but don't take my word for it.

[Koolance] James
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Re: Another water cooling advice thread :D

Postby [Koolance] James » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Hello Braudrist,

The Exos-2.5 reservoir itself only holds about 190mL. A single bottle will easily fill an entire Exos. You may need more to fill an entire loop though, depending on what you have (tubing length, blocks, etc.).

Heat dissipation wise, I think it's going to depend on the overclocking. If none of these components were overclocked, the Exos-2.5 could probably handle it. Overclocking might put you past 1000W, I'd recommend closely monitoring temperatures if you decide to do it.

Since the Exos has an aluminum radiator, just make sure you don't add bare copper parts (blocks, rads, etc.) to your loop. Any nickel plated part should be fine.

James

Return to “Water Cooling Systems & Kits”