Looking for some help with watercooling

Complete water cooling systems (for example: Exos-2.5, PC5-1336, etc.)...
lukeman3000
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Looking for some help with watercooling

Postby lukeman3000 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Hey guys. My name is Luke and I'm completely knew to watercooling, but I have a very basic understanding of the concept.

I bought this pc last year. However, this one is slightly different because it says it includes an i7 950 whereas I have the i7 930 (@2.8ghz). I also have 2x EVGA nVidia GTX 470s in SLI (as opposed to whatever video card it says is included).

In retrospect, I wish that I had built one from the ground up and watercooled it in the first place, but that's not how it went. Now, I am starting to feel the limitations of my 2.8ghz processor and gtx 470s (or rather, the poor coding of some recent games *cough* skyrim *cough*), and I want to watercool my pc for both temperature and overclocking reasons.

I want to cool both of my gpus and my cpu. That said, what do I need, and how much will it cost me? I'm kind of at a loss on where to begin because I don't know what will fit in this case since it's a pre-built system. I don't really know where to start, and I'd like to order through you guys.

Could someone take the time to break it all down to me?

From my understanding, I need:

2 gpu blocks
1 cpu block
tubing (how much?/what kind?)
tubing connectors? (not sure what these are used for)
radiator
pump

As you can see I have a pretty rudimentary knowledge of the whole thing. If it would help, I could take pictures of my case, both inside and outside and post them here in this thread.

HELLFIRETOYZ
Tactical Bucket Splasher
Tactical Bucket Splasher

Re: Looking for some help with watercooling

Postby HELLFIRETOYZ » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Luke,

Take a few pictures of your case so we can get an idea of what we are dealing with.

Also if you could, take a picture of your video cards with the heatsinks removed like this this so we can see if full cover blocks are possible.
Hellfire - multi-mission, and multi-target precision-strike capability weapon system, "fire-and-forget!"

BFG GTX285 OC'd 3-Way Blocked
Asus P6T7 SuperComputer Blocked
i7 920 @ 4.21Ghz Blocked
Corsair DDR3 1600 - 6Gb
OCZ Vortex SSD 120

Return to “Water Cooling Systems & Kits”