Disable Pump in PC3-700 series case

Complete water cooling systems (for example: Exos-2.5, PC5-1336, etc.)...
galenk
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Disable Pump in PC3-700 series case

Postby galenk » Sat May 31, 2014 1:02 pm

I have an older PC4-7X series case--originally purchased as an upgrade to an older model. However, when I purchased the case, I also changed CPU types, and the case did not come w/ the right adapter. At the time, I couldn't afford another purchase, so I used the case as a standard tower.

I've since purchased and been using a stand-alone CPU liquid cooler, however, I've been having a problem w/ heat buildup inside the case itself, so I decided to try to hook up the Koolance specific power supply in order to run the top fans to vent heat. Of course, the cooling pump is integrated into that power source. Is it possible to disable the cooling pump so that I don't burn it out running dry (and, of course, to get rid of the awful racket that i t generates doing so?) I thought of clipping the wire from the power supply to the pump (assuming there is one-- haven't delved into it deeply yet), but was wondering if 1) that is possilbe and 2) if there is a better way (on board control board maybe?).

Thanks in advance for the answer!

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: Disable Pump in PC3-700 series case

Postby Izerous » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:27 pm

On that model the fans should be on a splitter joining them all together on a single input. Pull that from the control board and plug that into PSU -> fan adapter to provide the fans power as needed.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

galenk
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Disable Pump in PC3-700 series case

Postby galenk » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:51 pm

Thanks for the reply...I'd already dug into the case and found the plug on the control board. Figured there'd be something easy to do!

Return to “Water Cooling Systems & Kits”