Exos software control

Complete water cooling systems (for example: Exos-2.5, PC5-1336, etc.)...
triarii
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Exos software control

Postby triarii » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:47 am

Hi,

i have an exos 2.5 and the temp sensors on it have issues. the pre-set shut downs are triggering immediate shut downs. I have moved them from their default 55C to 75C and had the same trouble. from reading the exos unit (in a jumpered mode after the shutdown occurred) the sensors are only reading 22C. disconnecting its shut down fixed the issue.

I also noticed that the tempo sensors disagree with HWmonitor's readings from the CPU/GPU reporting (being much lower) is there a way to drive the exos unit fan and pump setting from a program on my computer (essentially replace the exos sensors with CPU/GPU internal sensors)?

thanks

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: Exos software control

Postby Izerous » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:26 am

External sensors that are tapped on are always going to read low by about 10'c from the core temp. That is because the core and the outside surface are never going to be the same temperature. However when HW Monitor jumps 10'c so should the temp reading. If your core temp jumps 20'c and your surface temp reading only jumps 5-10'c it is typically a sign of a really bad mount.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

triarii
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby triarii » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:43 pm

All of my sensors do read in the -10C of core temp range. it is really odd though that in spit of this the auto shut down will always trigger on start up. I have been monitoring the temps (only the switch control has been disconnected from the exos board) and the sesnors are working fine. i really can't explain the auto shut down on boot.

triarii
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby triarii » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:47 pm

also to my question though is there a way to drive the exos from core temperatures? i would assume diffent hard ware from the supplied would be needed.

could a divice that communicates with a deamon be installed that goes

deamon reads core temp -> sends to usb dev -> usb device converts core temp to signal to give to exos board

are the voltage/degC published for the exos system?

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:26 pm

I know I have seen the spec specified for the temp probes in turn giving you the EXOS signal specs.

I can't see why you would not be able to create a daemon+usb/hardware adapter to create a software->exos temp probe but it will probably be more work than you might realize to convert the USB signals to emulate the temp probe. Not impossible just quite a bit of work.

The shutdown issue I cannot explain and you may have better luck contacting Koolance tech support directly instead of via the forum for a prompt response.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Return to “Water Cooling Systems & Kits”