modified gpu and cpu water cooler setup

Complete water cooling systems (for example: Exos-2.5, PC5-1336, etc.)...
MrEric01001
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

modified gpu and cpu water cooler setup

Postby MrEric01001 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:05 pm

I am new to water cooling setups. This will be the first comptuer I have built with modified liquid cooling. I have a few questions regarding the modification as well as to the parts needed to make this happen. I did some research and I want to be able to use bigger tubing for a cooler effect. So I chose premo chilld premo flex advanced LRT tubing 1/2 inch ID by 3/4 inch OD. I also did research on fittings and I am going to go with compression fittings for the better look as well. as far as the blocks go, what brand name and size will I need to accomplish this? I did some research on pumps and water blocks and the swiftech H220 water cooling system allows you to interchange the tubing as well as to attach multiple tubes for a splitter setup, which is what i need for my nvidia gtx 960 SLI and core i5 3.4 ghz OC'd to 4.0. I guess the pump, radiator and cpu block are very well designed for this model series. Should I go with a custome reserviour and pump, or stick with swiftech? As far as the case goes I am going to go full ATX and I was looking at the corsair obsidian 750 D case, which seems to
have plenty of room. For the modification part, I want to be able to use an air pump and wrap tubing around the liquid cooling tubes and have red beads flow around the cpu and gpu tubing. I was going to use red zip ties to secure the air pump tubes to the cpu and gpu tubes. I will be using clear liquid cooling and I was going to also wrap red led's around the cpu and gpu tubes as well to give it a red look. The reason for that is is that I want the tubes to appear to be human veins, with red blood cells pumping around the tubing. Would I be able to use an airpump to push red beads through tubing wrapped around the cooling tubing, as well as wrap the led lights around the cpu and gpu cooling?

Thank you,

MrEric

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: modified gpu and cpu water cooler setup

Postby Izerous » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:12 am

If your going through the effort of a custom loop then drop any ideas of AIO kits like corsair & swiftech.

3x120 rad if you have room
CPU-380
PMP-400/450
fittings
tubing
res

The pump in those AIO units are weak and don't handle expansion well, and you will find yourself replacing the bit and pieces of even a module AIO kit with better components.

Also there is very little difference in performance with (3/8in x 5/8in) tubing vs what your looking at. And if your looking to put even more overtop it would become difficult to deal with. One last note if your building something for a weekend show Aurora fluid used for limited periods of time looks amazing, but it really isn't meant for long term use and will cause things to build residue and loose performance etc.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

MrEric01001
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby MrEric01001 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:20 pm

Thank you, for the pulsating effect, im going to go with the NZXT HUE panel switch, and ill wrap led strips all the way around the side panel door. As far as the extra tubing, for the red beads and the air pump is that possible, and would you recommend using zip ties to wrap the air tubes around the liquid cooling tubes?

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:59 pm

I could see it kind of working, I don't see it working with tubing inside of tubing very well, but maybe a small tubing wrapped around it that is barley bigger than the beads. That way you could make a continuous run around the loop.

The other thought that comes to mind is chase pattern surface mount led strips kind of like the following.
[url=Chase Leds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCVjMo-tVDo[/url]
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Return to “Water Cooling Systems & Kits”