Your fittings are always leaking!!!!!!

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
rooster
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Your fittings are always leaking!!!!!!

Postby rooster » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:41 pm

I originally bought your quick disconnect fittings, but one by one they started to fail. I am now using your standard fittings and once again they are failing a couple of months after I buy them. I have spent hundreds of dollars with you people over and over again. If you don’t believe me I’ll give you my full name and feel free to check you records. I pay the money thinking I’m buying a superior product, but I’m realizing the cheap fittings from the hardware store are better quality. I keep coming back to you for more coolant and starting to think that’s the scam. Your fittings fail so you can sell us more coolant. I’m not just writing this to make you look bad. I actually want a solution! What can you do to make this better? Replacement? Refund?
1P1040245.jpg

MUGEN
Tactical Bucket Splasher
Tactical Bucket Splasher

Re: Your fittings are always leaking!!!!!!

Postby MUGEN » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:54 pm

I've had 2 QDC swivel leak right out of the bag so I can see what you mean. Other than that everything has been fine. Where did your QDC's leak? the small O ring in between the fittings or a threaded connection? For standard fittings I guess you mean that right angle swivel nozzle that is leaking in the photo? Having a leak on a normal threaded nozzle could mean it's not tight enough, I use a wrench to snug up every threaded fitting.

O rings do fail, be it a fitting or a block it's just a matter of time and some companies even ship their blocks with a 2nd O ring(bitspower) because they know it's going to fail eventually. Why I have no idea. I did notice that Koolance O-rings are now black(used to be red) which could mean it's a different material or they just want a change of colors.

Koolance offers a 1 year warranty on all their products and would ship a new fitting out to you no charge but I don't know if you have to ship the old one back but with photo proof I doubt it.

PS. based on the dust pc that fitting must of been leaking for at least a month.
ERM-2K3U + HX-1320
i7 965@ 3.6ghz CPU-360
MB-ASP6WR
GTX 295@ 670/1476/1188 VID-NX295
6 sets of No-spill QDCs
EK-DCP 4.0 Pump

bambihunter
Water Cannon Artilleryman

Postby bambihunter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:53 pm

The only fittings I have had leak from Koolance were their old style 45's (and nearly all of them that I owned leaked). The only QDC's that have leaked were after I nicked the O-ring. I have not had ANY trouble with their 90's or regular connectors. My thoughts are that Koolance makes the very best blocks, the 2nd best fittings, and below average electronics. Having said that, their RMA and service work has been second-to-none. I have just needed to rely on that service WAY more than I wish I had needed to...
Last edited by bambihunter on Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PC5-1336BK
PSU-1300ATX
2 VID-NX295S
2 RP-1000
RP-980
CPU-350AC
2 CHC-122
MVR-100
AMD 955BE, 6 250gb in RAID0, 8GB OCZ Flex 1200, 2 EVGA GTX295 FTW's. Loop 1: CPU & quad GPU's. Loop 2: PS to 120mm to NB/SB/Vreg's to dual 80mm rad/fans

rooster
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby rooster » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:47 pm

My water block is great… but I just feel like the fittings are horrible. They look cool and that’s it. I’ve had a few different styles and I would say I have replaced 90 percent in of them in my own computer not to mention the ones for other people that I built. Koolance’s poor quality makes me look bad to customers.

Fittings are not a new technology that needs further development to prefect. Threaded connections meant for fluids or high pressure utilizing a gasket is at least three of four hundred year technology. How many fittings are sitting on 60 year old industrial hydraulic systems holding well over 3000 psi? I’m just saying “there is no excuse to be getting this wrong. Especially after the prices we pay for these things!”

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:35 am

Over the years I have not had a fitting fail on me yet, I have failed to tighten a fitting properly but never had one fail. With QDCs it is always a good idea to dampen the o-ring before putting them together to lessen the friction when they slide together. Over tightening fittings and crushing the o-rings is an almost guaranteed way to make them leak over time.

I also got the same impression as Mugen from the picture. That has been leaking for quite a while and was left ignored.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

omegastitch
Garden Hose Sharpshooter
Garden Hose Sharpshooter

Postby omegastitch » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:26 am

Look at the dust accumulated on the fans and other components in the picture. Along with the amount of dried coolant on the fitting, hose and vid card, I would say four words that could have stopped that. PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTIONS.
omegastitch

If ignorance is bliss, please let me die unhappy.

HELLFIRETOYZ
Tactical Bucket Splasher
Tactical Bucket Splasher

Postby HELLFIRETOYZ » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 pm

omegastitch wrote:Look at the dust accumulated on the fans and other components in the picture. Along with the amount of dried coolant on the fitting, hose and vid card, I would say four words that could have stopped that. PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTIONS.

I think he got the point lol. I've had a few Koolance fittings fail on me as well...however, based on experience, they do have a better fail rate ratio compared to other manufactures.
Hellfire - multi-mission, and multi-target precision-strike capability weapon system, "fire-and-forget!"

BFG GTX285 OC'd 3-Way Blocked
Asus P6T7 SuperComputer Blocked
i7 920 @ 4.21Ghz Blocked
Corsair DDR3 1600 - 6Gb
OCZ Vortex SSD 120

[Koolance] Tim

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:04 pm

Fittings with multiple o-rings have more areas of potential failure. We have taken steps to improve their reliability. The largest change has been in switching to EPDM rubber (black) o-rings from the earlier silicone (red). It makes swiveling joints a little harder to rotate and QDCs a bit harder to connect/disconnect, but the material is more robust. We have also reduced fit tolerance on many fittings.

Our EPDM o-rings are available separately on our website, but not all types of fittings can be serviced in that way. Later angled nozzles and female QDC fittings are permanently sealed. Generally, the internal o-ring material will match the thread collar o-ring (which is visible).

HELLFIRETOYZ
Tactical Bucket Splasher
Tactical Bucket Splasher

Postby HELLFIRETOYZ » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:09 am

[Koolance] Tim wrote:We have taken steps to improve their reliability. The largest change has been in switching to EPDM rubber (black) o-rings from the earlier silicone (red). It makes swiveling joints a little harder to rotate and QDCs a bit harder to connect/disconnect, but the material is more robust. We have also reduced fit tolerance on many fittings.

Koolance taking steps to make a better product...something I have yet to see done most other watercooling companies :D
Hellfire - multi-mission, and multi-target precision-strike capability weapon system, "fire-and-forget!"

BFG GTX285 OC'd 3-Way Blocked
Asus P6T7 SuperComputer Blocked
i7 920 @ 4.21Ghz Blocked
Corsair DDR3 1600 - 6Gb
OCZ Vortex SSD 120

bambihunter

Postby bambihunter » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:48 am

[Koolance] Tim wrote:Fittings with multiple o-rings have more areas of potential failure. We have taken steps to improve their reliability. The largest change has been in switching to EPDM rubber (black) o-rings from the earlier silicone (red). It makes swiveling joints a little harder to rotate and QDCs a bit harder to connect/disconnect, but the material is more robust.

We'll take them harder to rotate for reduced leak chances. :mrgreen:
PC5-1336BK
PSU-1300ATX
2 VID-NX295S
2 RP-1000
RP-980
CPU-350AC
2 CHC-122
MVR-100
AMD 955BE, 6 250gb in RAID0, 8GB OCZ Flex 1200, 2 EVGA GTX295 FTW's. Loop 1: CPU & quad GPU's. Loop 2: PS to 120mm to NB/SB/Vreg's to dual 80mm rad/fans

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”