Flowmeter Polling rate

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
iamwyza
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Flowmeter Polling rate

Postby iamwyza » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:16 pm

I recently purchased the INA-FM17 flowmeter and installed it. I noticed, however, that the rpm rate is no where near constant. It goes from 2300-> 1000-> 0. I've visually observed the flowmeter and do not seem this kind of variation in the rotation (nor do i hear any kind of stress on the motor that would indicate this type of fluctuation). Is this really how these things work or is there something wrong with the meter, or is there something wrong with my loop?

zvonkorp
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Flowmeter Polling rate

Postby zvonkorp » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:40 pm

mine works the same exact way

no idea what to do about this, the rpm readout will not stay stable and this is on 3 different meters with 2 of these different adapters with displays (so about $150 all in of metering technology & equipment) and no combination of these works correctly as they should

ive tried different speed settings, different cable routing to isolate it from the noise, different meters in different adapters, and just whatever else i could think of and none of it... NONE of it has produced a CLEAN & CONSISTENT rpm readout like a generic bitspower flow meter has ...

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”