All not well in QDC land....[QDC manufacturing problem?!?]

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
Tuthsok
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: All not well in QDC land....[QDC manufacturing problem?!

Postby Tuthsok » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:53 am

When I last swapped out parts I noticed that the plunger on one of my male VL3N QDC didn't come flush with the end of the fitting when disconnected. It still sealed and did not leak any more than the expected drop or two.

I did not check the female fittings but after seeing the pictures provided I will know what to look for when I next take things apart.

If I do have problems I will post back at that time.

Cheers,

PROBEDEMON
Water Shotty Skirmisher
Water Shotty Skirmisher

Postby PROBEDEMON » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Hello

So why are we still lacking response from Koolance?

Best Reagrds
Mark.

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Postby Ace0751 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Koolance does not come on here that often. Maybe one or two members rarely come on and reply but your best bet is to email or call them. Otherwise you will be waiting for a while for a response on here.
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz
Corsair DOMINATOR GT 12GB 2000mhz DDR3
MSI Radeon 290X
Danger Den Customized Case

miahallen
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby miahallen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:22 am

I did RMA all four females and all four males I'm having an issue with and I referenced this thread as my reasoning. I'm sure they've seen it ;)

jbartlett
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby jbartlett » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:27 am

I swapped out a HD cooling plate yesterday that had the female QDC's and I noticed the same issue. One wasn't fully closing and while the other did, it still leaked when placed below the reservoir.

[Koolance] Tim

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 am

We've found an issue after cutting open the bad fittings. The internal o-rings were a hair out of tolerance. This prevented the plunger from fully sealing when disconnected. Unfortunately, there's not a way to tell if a particular fitting is affected without disconnecting the male and female sides (a towel is recommended). Either the plunger surface won't sit flush with the inside, or if it's already installed, there could be continuous dripping.

We've screened our inventory and removed any other QDC's which exhibited the problem. Different styles of VL3N and VL4N fittings were affected, but the products aren't serialized so it's difficult to tell how recent the stock was.

If customers find they have VL3N or VL4N quick disconnects which leak when separated, please submit an RMA request (http://www.koolance.com/support/rma/). We'll need to know your part numbers, quantity, and invoice number/date. We'll take care of the shipping. If you've recently sent in QDC's for this problem, please contact our technical department (http://www.koolance.com/company/contact/) to obtain a refund on the original shipping and replacement fittings if needed.

We apologize for this issue and thank everyone for bringing it to our attention. O-rings are always a critical part and it's regrettable we didn't catch these when they arrived from our supplier.

miahallen
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby miahallen » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks for the reply Tim, we really appreciate it!

My fittings are on their way to you now...I'm hoping the new ones will be fine :)

Thorhian
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Thorhian » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post here :D
Well anyways, I was wondering if if you guys have any news about these QDC's. I am really considering these for my reservoir (easy refilling :D), but I don't feel like killing by power supply after a while. Are these working for you now?

miahallen
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby miahallen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:26 am

I recieved my replacements a couple months ago (as posted above), but I have not yet broken down the system, drained the loop, etc.....required to put these back into the system. So I cannot comment on my experience witht eh replacements, sorry. I do plan to do it this month. But it could take several more months/years of use before I'd be able to say for sure :(

zeroibis
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby zeroibis » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:18 am

Wanted to update this thread to let people know that apparently if you do not sit around taking your QDs on and off all the time or sit on the internet to find out there is a defect in your fittings you will only discover the problem after your warranty expires. So you get the same failed orings as everyone else but then the company just rejects the warranty because it is expired. What we end up with is a company that admits that they made the product wrong but then hopes that the majority of customers do not find out about the problem until it is too late.

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”