Tubing sizes and UV effectiveness?

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
EnjoyWealth
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Tubing sizes and UV effectiveness?

Postby EnjoyWealth » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 am

So im working on putting together my first liquid cooling build, and after a couple weeks of research and comparing i have decided to go with Koolance products. However i have had varying results on what i should do when it comes to fluids and tubing. As of right now i think that it would be best to go with 1/2 ID tubing, and 5/8 OD. However the clear UV blue tubing has an OD 3/4 in. So basically my questions are on tube size, does the bigger diameter actually make that much of a difference. Also im not sure what is more UV reactive and what would look better, UV tubing or UV fluid? Thanks for all your help!

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: Tubing sizes and UV effectiveness?

Postby Izerous » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:36 am

two tubes with the same ID will perform the same even if they have different OD's. The only real effect the OD has (when same ID) is the resistance to things like kinking etc.

As far as UV tubing vs UV fluid to get the best effect you want both if the tubing is a clear UV tubing.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”