INS-FM16 Coolant Flow Meter question

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
jmcinvale
Garden Hose Sharpshooter
Garden Hose Sharpshooter

INS-FM16 Coolant Flow Meter question

Postby jmcinvale » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:16 pm

I was wondering if it would be possible to update the INS-FM16 Coolant Flow Meter with the ability to change the LED color and brightness?

Would only really need to have available the colors that match the Koolance coolant colors plus have a UV setting for those coolants that are UV reactive.

Another solution would be to have a choice of a single LED color as an option (would be easiest to implement as it requires no changes to anything the flowmeter plugs into) when ordering. Could also add a small box with a mini variable resistor for setting LED brightness or add the variable resistor into the sensor housing.

When I originally did my Xbox360 liquid cooling I used red coolant as I liked it, but I didn't like the resultant purple color I got from the blue LEDs and red coolant.

When I redid my system I switched to blue coolant and didn't really like how bright the LEDs were so I added a resistor in series with the LED power wire to tone the LEDs down some.

[Koolance] Tim

Re: INS-FM16 Coolant Flow Meter question

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 pm

The FM16's LED is surface soldered to the PCB, so it'd be a little tricky for a customer to change it out. We would consider other colors or options in a future update of that product, though.

jmcinvale
Garden Hose Sharpshooter
Garden Hose Sharpshooter

Postby jmcinvale » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Cool.

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Postby Ace0751 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:11 pm

It would be interesting to see all the colors that go with the current color coolant in the flow meters, even a UV LED bulb would be interesting.
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz
Corsair DOMINATOR GT 12GB 2000mhz DDR3
MSI Radeon 290X
Danger Den Customized Case

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”