Whats Fittings for Tygon E-1000?

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
Eze2kiel
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Whats Fittings for Tygon E-1000?

Postby Eze2kiel » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi!

I've a Tygon E-1000 1/2 ID - 5/8 OD

The question is... Which connectors should I use?

Currently I have the Koolance: http://koolance.com/nozzle-single-compr ... in-x-5-8in

I see that the hose is loose ...

What do you suggest?

PS: I do not want to put seals.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: Whats Fittings for Tygon E-1000?

Postby Izerous » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:34 am

I have personally not used Tygon E-1000 but I did come across this statement about it on overclock.net.

Tygon E-1000 is extremely soft, stretchy tubing. It cannot stand up to it's own weight and kinks extremely easily. Wall thicknesses of 1/16" or smaller are virtually unusable for PC watercooling applications due to it's fragility. Despite it's ultra-soft features, E-1000 can still complete light to medium bends, depending on wall thickness. E-1000 does not work with compression fittings; it is too waxy and therefore can be easily pulled out under any sort of pressure. Similarly, it requires several clamps if being used with barbs

Thus it sounds like you might be stuck with barb based fittings OR you might try modifying the compression fittings and do something like wrap the end of the tube with a reinforced tape (Duct tape?) and then screw on the compression fitting so it has something to grip onto other than the waxy surface that the above statement mentions.

EDIT: Of course trimming the tape short enough so it is hidden by the compression fitting.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Eze2kiel
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Whats Fittings for Tygon E-1000?

Postby Eze2kiel » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:32 am

Izerous wrote:I have personally not used Tygon E-1000 but I did come across this statement about it on overclock.net.

Tygon E-1000 is extremely soft, stretchy tubing. It cannot stand up to it's own weight and kinks extremely easily. Wall thicknesses of 1/16" or smaller are virtually unusable for PC watercooling applications due to it's fragility. Despite it's ultra-soft features, E-1000 can still complete light to medium bends, depending on wall thickness. E-1000 does not work with compression fittings; it is too waxy and therefore can be easily pulled out under any sort of pressure. Similarly, it requires several clamps if being used with barbs

Thus it sounds like you might be stuck with barb based fittings OR you might try modifying the compression fittings and do something like wrap the end of the tube with a reinforced tape (Duct tape?) and then screw on the compression fitting so it has something to grip onto other than the waxy surface that the above statement mentions.

EDIT: Of course trimming the tape short enough so it is hidden by the compression fitting.

Thanks Izerous.

He had visited that page, but I realized that statement you mention.

Anyway... I'll go to the hardware store to buy some cheap hose to make a few cuts and hidden them inside the compression fitting and testing if it works or not.

Then you commented...

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”