Funny CNT-VDB2 Across 2.5 SLOTS

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
ResHacker
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Funny CNT-VDB2 Across 2.5 SLOTS

Postby ResHacker » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Not kidding, look at this picture:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8a_D ... sp=sharing
It is a CNT-VDB2 video connector of two cards across 2.5 slot(s)! I actually opened it up and verified that it physically does span 2.5 slots

But why is that funny? Look at the product page:
http://koolance.com/video-connecting-bl ... s-cnt-vdb2
It says CNT-VDB2 should be a video connector across 3 slots, and that was what I ordered.

When I contacted Koolance support today, the techy support guy first insists on that 'you ordered a CNT-VDB2, so you got one'; and then start to say that my motherboard (Asus Rampage IV Extreme) does not fit or leaves blanks below the first PCIE-x16 slot. All non-sense and keep ignorant on the fact that they send the wrong product.

Has anybody ever got this funny product that should not even have existed?

[Koolance] Tim

Re: Funny CNT-VDB2 Across 2.5 SLOTS

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:03 pm

Since there are no "0.5" slots in a computer, the package printing is a typo. The website description is correct depending on how you count the slots. Some people begin counting slots just beneath the top video card and include the next card as a slot. Others count only skipped slots between the video PCB's themselves. Since CNT-VDB2 is intended for video cards with 2 empty slots between them, it can be considered to span 3 if you count the second video card slot.

I find it easiest to count L-brackets on the rear of the chassis between the video cards themselves (rather than looking for card slots which may or may not be present on the motherboard). Based on images of the board online, the top 2 PCI-E slots on the Asus Rampage IV Extreme would use CNT-VDB1 since there is only one empty slot skipped.

ResHacker
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Funny CNT-VDB2 Across 2.5 SLOTS

Postby ResHacker » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm

I do intend to install two Titans on the 1st and 3rd PCI-E slot (so that they both get x16); but this gig does not fit. But anyway this is just a temporary installation and I will later get 2 more titans to use CNT-VDB4. Hope Koolance can be more responsible for the labels so that no misunderstanding happens!

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”