INS-RM17N Hook Up

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
Conners
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

INS-RM17N Hook Up

Postby Conners » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 am

I was reading the guide on the subject matter and read this.

The flow meters should not be directly connected to high power outputs like 12VDC fan headers or similar controllers. If connected directly to a custom circuit,
the intended current range is 50-100mA.

So where the heck do you put them? I am guessing MB headers are fine.

Conners
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: INS-RM17N Hook Up

Postby Conners » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Might as well burry this post....
Reminder to self...Never ever...really never ever purchase Koolance products in the future. They have zero support.... About as bas=d as Corsair..

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:50 pm

If you read the product details in full...

"A frequency circuit (sold separately) multiplies the RPM signal to allow it to be read by most fan tachometer headers (such as those found on ATX motherboards)"

Flow Meter Adapter. The circuit allows connection directly to a motherboard fan header.

Edit: Please note staff do not check the forums daily, and it is usually other users that answer questions in the forums. If you have a critical support ticket you will get quicker responses with the other available options of contact. Also I'm not staff, but another Koolance customer.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

inprosys
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby inprosys » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:41 am

Just in case this it is not clear: The ADT-FM03 Flow Meter Frequency Adapter is not just a convenience device to convert the flow rotations into a meaningful flow rate, it is REQUIRED to provide the proper power connection for the flow meter itself. On the ADT-FM03, there is a two-pin connector labeled "INS-FM17" and this is where you connect your flow meter. If you have an INS_FM16, there is a different 4-pin connecter on the ADT-FM03. I assume that if you have a different flow meter (e.g., SEN-FM18T10) that you would obviously connect it to the ADT-FM03 at the appropriate 2-pin or 4-pin connector.

I just got my flow meter and adapter recently and came to this forum with this same question: "Where the heck should I connect the flow meter if I can't use a fan header." Well, the instructions aren't clear at all, but the diagram clearly shows a flow meter attached to the frequency adapter. It then dawned on me: "The frequency adapter isn't just an option -- it's REQUIRED!" It would be really nice if Koolance made that clearer.

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”