Quick Disconnect Advice

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
rolldog
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Quick Disconnect Advice

Postby rolldog » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:28 pm

After adding a 2nd GPU to my system, I've decided to redo my waterloop and change out all of my Koolance G1/4 compression fittings for quick disconnects. I'm using Primochill tubing 3/8"ID & 5/8"OD. I'm not very familiar with the quick disconnects, and I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on which QD3 connectors I need in order to do this. I know I'll need a male and a female compression fitting for each waterblock where I'd like to change these out, but there are so many different ones I see online, I get frustrated. Ideally, I'd like to have each one connect into a waterblock and/or radiator. I might not change all of them, but I'd at least like to know, for example, what fittings would I need to plug directly into my Koolance 380i CPU waterblock and the "Cross Chill" waterblock on the Asus ROG motherboards, even though I changed the stock one with an EK block. They each have G1/4 connections.

Can anyone please let me know which Koolance QD3 connectors I would need to hook my tubing into one of these waterblock? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: Quick Disconnect Advice

Postby Izerous » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:58 pm

QDC Help

My suggestion is coming from the pump to always go m->f->m->f-> .So say you want a QDC on the pump and it leads directly to the CPU which then leads to the rad and back to the pump just for simplicity. Taking this approach makes it easier to deal with component changes and keep things in order.

This is what you would need to do if you wanted to replace everything with QDC's
Leaving back of pump would be 1 threaded male QDC
Attached to hose would be 1 female compression QDC
CPU end of hose would be 1 male compression
then 1 female threaded on block in
1 male threaded on block out
1 female compression on tube out
1 male compression on tube end by rad
1 female threaded on rad in
1 male threaded on rad out
1 female compression on tube out
1 male compression on tube pump end
1 female threaded on pump in

In Summary to replace all would be
3 x threaded male
3 x compression male
3 x threaded female
3 x compression female

I hope that helps some.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”