ctr-cd1224

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
yogibear
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

ctr-cd1224

Postby yogibear » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:45 am

I'm preparing to build a water cooled PC and have purchased the following... (I don't have them yet)

1) CTR-CD1224 12V or 24V Pump & Fan Controller
2) SEN-FM18T10 Coolant Flow Meter with Temperature Sensor

I'm not sure why these items aren't more popular as they consolidate a lot of the monitoring for liquid cooling.

I'm building the loop using PETG in a huge Phanteks case without the 'CPU' components to start. I've ordered all PWM fans for the radiators and plan on managing those via the motherboard and the cases controller. I was going to hook the 3 pin 'non-radiator' fans that came with the case to the CTR-CD1224. I assumed voltage is used to control the speed. How is RPM detected?

The pump....

I have a variable speed D5 with a 3 pin 'rpm' connector (just 1 wire). I assumed (once again) that the CTR-CD1224 controls the pump via voltage. However, the CTR-CD1224 does display the pump speed. How? Then I read this in the manual.... "CAUTION: Fan percentages are based on PWM duty. Fans will not operate if set too low. Some types of fans may not be compatible with the PWM program and will only operate reliably at 100%"

Are the 3-pin fan connectors PWM? What about the pump? I'd like to know more specifics. I'd like to utilize as many of the CTR-CD1224 features as possible.

EDIT: I see how the fan RPM is monitored, it's the third lead on a 3 pin connector.

yogibear
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: ctr-cd1224

Postby yogibear » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:45 am

This is an awesome product. I am curious, however. What is the green jumper wire for? Is this for jumping the power supply for leak testing? It's what I'm going to use it for unless I've missed something.

Thanks in advance.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: ctr-cd1224

Postby Izerous » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 am

Yes there is usually a green jumper wire included with some components for the PSU so that you can jump start the pump and prime/bleed the loop without powering up the computer. Obviously disconnecting the motherboard and other components is necessary.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”