Installing Ram-33 help (not staying on)

Hard Drive & RAM water cooling blocks...
Generic User Unknown
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Installing Ram-33 help (not staying on)

Postby Generic User Unknown » Fri May 04, 2012 4:23 pm

It sure would be nice if Koolance would post an installation video for this product.

Ambit_Energy
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Ambit_Energy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 am

I suggest to look onto youtube videos, there's a lot of videos there, showing how to install this stuff.

This is one of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zVzHWct9b4

:-)
George Shelter
Ambit Energy, Sales Consultant
Carthage, Missouri
Team Committed to Excellence.

CoolCat
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby CoolCat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:41 pm

I have a issue/question about using the ram-33 blocks, i have corsair vengeance ddr3 chips, they are double sided but they dont touch the sides of the ram-33 when put inside of them. Now does this mean that i should use the thermal strip and if so dont i need it for both sides since they are dual sided chips? I have looked all over to find a video or images that show how the blocks should go on the chips, the video in the above post only shows how to set up the connecting fittings (which i have done, that looks all good) so i am a little bit lost, this is my first watercooled machine so i do want to get things right first time around even if it means asking silly questions. Any help?

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:52 am

I have not played with the RAM-33 blocks but I believe the thermal strip is non-optional without it I'm pretty sure it would be as effective as using a CPU block without any thermal paste to transfer the heat to the block.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Allen1980s
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Allen1980s » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:29 pm

I know this is an old thread now, but I, like others, will invariably stumble across this thread for the same reason.

Here is you answer:

For those with single or double-sided RAM, remove the ram chip from its stock heat spreader. Then, take the heat tape, the Koolance RAM-33 comes with one, remove the plastic from one side only, and apply the sticky side of the heat tape to one side of the RAM chip. The Koolance RAM-33 is too large to use on any chip without the heat tape. For double-sided RAM, this will be a tight fit. After applying the heat tape to one side of the RAM chip, sticky side against the RAM, plastic side facing out from the chip, carefully push the chip into the Koolance RAM-33 cooler sleeve. Try to align the chip prior to pushing it into the cooler sleeve, as it will be very hard to center it, once it is in the sleeve. Do not be too forceful. It will go into the sleeve but you will have to be gentle with it while applying high pressure, pushing it into the sleeve of the RAM-33.

Make sure you have pushed the RAM chip all the way in, until it can go now further. High pressure does not mean with brute force. It means placing some pressure, working the chip evenly into the sleeve, while keeping it centered.

Return to “Water Blocks - Hard Drive & Memory”