Ram 35 sliding connection nozzle choice

Hard Drive & RAM water cooling blocks...
Verloren
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Ram 35 sliding connection nozzle choice

Postby Verloren » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Hey all

I have a bay reservoir mounted in the top 5.25" bays and a fill port installed directly above one of the top reservoir ports. The distance between the port and the fill port thread is 12mm.

I have been eying up the sliding ram block fittings as they seem to have the ability to connect my fill port to the reservoir in the cleanest way possible. Which one of the ram-35 connectors is the perfect size for my application?

Thanks very much for your help!

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Re: Ram 35 sliding connection nozzle choice

Postby Ace0751 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:46 am

You want to stay with the same nozzle size that you have. If you have 10mm tubing then stick with 10mm nozzles and the same goes if you have 13mm tubing.
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz
Corsair DOMINATOR GT 12GB 2000mhz DDR3
MSI Radeon 290X
Danger Den Customized Case

Verloren
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Ram 35 sliding connection nozzle choice

Postby Verloren » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm sorry, you seem to have misunderstood me.

The total gap between my chosen reservoir ports and the G1/4" tail end of the fillports is a total of 12mm. As such 2 compressions will never fit. A search of join fittings led me to the RAM-35 sliding nozzles.

I was asking which one of the 3 or 4 types would be best suited for a 12mm gap. I ordered a couple of type 1's as the manual suggested they work for a 10-13mm gap. I assume this was the correct choice?

My loops use 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing, but that is irrelevant to the question.

I appreciate you taking the time to read and respond though, to aid in understanding my requirement, I have attached a picture. I have installed one end of a standard SLi connector to the base of the fillport just to illustrate the space constraints present.

There are 2 reservoirs and fillports in my Mountain Mods U2UFO case.

Return to “Water Blocks - Hard Drive & Memory”