VelociRaptor Watercooling?

Hard Drive & RAM water cooling blocks...
tbully
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: VelociRaptor Watercooling?

Postby tbully » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:31 am

Old thread....my build went well and has been running for about 6 months or so.

However, I noticed a RED SPOT on my carpet the other day!!!! Leaks!

One my my coolers are leaking (between the two halves) and I have about 4 of my 12 90 degree "swivels" leaking. I plan on calling support today to see if they can offer support. Oh, one of my quick disconnects also was leaking. I had a replacement O-Ring available that fixed that issue, though.

Not a good situation. I've always had such good luck with their products in the past.

HELLFIRETOYZ
Tactical Bucket Splasher
Tactical Bucket Splasher

Postby HELLFIRETOYZ » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:52 pm

These issues are being addressed here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1117

Koolance needs to address these problems and come up with a new design for there 45*fittings as well some others...the CHC-125's are another prime example.

....its becoming an epidemic and we need to cut our loses while we still can....
Hellfire - multi-mission, and multi-target precision-strike capability weapon system, "fire-and-forget!"

BFG GTX285 OC'd 3-Way Blocked
Asus P6T7 SuperComputer Blocked
i7 920 @ 4.21Ghz Blocked
Corsair DDR3 1600 - 6Gb
OCZ Vortex SSD 120

tbully
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby tbully » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:10 pm

HELLFIRETOYZ wrote:These issues are being addressed here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1117

Koolance needs to address these problems and come up with a new design for there 45*fittings as well some others...the CHC-125's are another prime example.

....its becoming an epidemic and we need to cut our loses while we still can....

Yep - caught that, thanks.

They offered to allow me to buy new ones and they'd replace / refund upon testing. This makes me nervous though because I'm fronting my own money and may not be reimbursed if they find "no issues". I want to replace all of my connectors just in case but some of them aren't leaking, yet. Great, so now I either replace them anyway (apparently they have a new design) and hope they credit me. Or I could not replace the non-leaking ones and wait for them to leak and destroy more carpeting or (as in the other thread) pieces of hardware.

This really sucks. I have well over $2,000 in Koolance products in this system alone (not counting the hardware - MB, Vid, HDs, etc). Granted, the main costs were their power supply and PC4 case.....

I was hoping my phone call would have went better than it did.

I'm also trying to think of a better design. I have 4 HD-60 platters stacked on top of each other inside the PC4 case. If I could get away without using swivels and tubing bending back inwards (like build some sort of manifold), I'd do it in a heartbeat. Apparently sideload on the swivels is contributing to the failure.

Return to “Water Blocks - Hard Drive & Memory”