Not overclocked Memory has to be water cooled?

Hard Drive & RAM water cooling blocks...
camivill
Water Shotty Skirmisher
Water Shotty Skirmisher

Not overclocked Memory has to be water cooled?

Postby camivill » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:38 pm

I have been water cooling things one by one, adding more elements few months later, learning bits.
So 2011May started with 2 GCs on 2011 Nov added CPU, MB, MOVs.
Now the ram and the HD have not water cooling, i have 2 HDD one SSD and 6 2-gig RAM sticks. They are cooled by the fans that come in the bottom of the RAVen 2 from silverstone.
Question is that how would i know if RAM needs to be water cooled? ( that would be the next purchase :-0 )
what sort of "symptoms" would a computer or when playing game i will see if there is RAM overhesting?
Thanks.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: Not overclocked Memory has to be water cooled?

Postby Izerous » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:27 am

Constant memory blue screens etc would could be a sign of poorly overclocked ram or overheating ram.

Typically only extremely overclocked ram needs liquid cooling especially if you have something like the clip on corsair ram fans for direct airlfow. However lately with how I have changed my computer I'm finding that the clip on fan is now the loudest component in my computer as it is louder than the external noctua fans I have mounted. Thus I have been considering liquid ram coolers for my self for noise reasons not heat reasons.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

camivill
Water Shotty Skirmisher
Water Shotty Skirmisher

Postby camivill » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Thanks.
I have issues with small fans on NB that some Mobos used to have because at that time the dust inside the computer box made the fan fail to dead once a year. Asus in Shanghai China didn't have spare parts and was a pain in the a**.
I saw the fans for RAM and reminded me of the previous situation.
I don't buy Mobos with fans, unless i will replace the fan for water cooling blocks.. :-)

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Postby Ace0751 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:49 pm

You don't really need to liquid cool the ram it would just be for show and I have the corsair clip on Iz and I don't even hear it lol. Its at 1900rom and their is no noise and right now its runnung at 33c cause its muggy outside lol. The two koolance fans on top is what I hear so it comes down to is how clean your case is and how much overclocking you do. The HDD does not need to be cooled a couple fans to get rid of the heat will do just fine just have backups on a separate drive like always.
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz
Corsair DOMINATOR GT 12GB 2000mhz DDR3
MSI Radeon 290X
Danger Den Customized Case

camivill
Water Shotty Skirmisher
Water Shotty Skirmisher

Postby camivill » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:03 am

Thanks

Return to “Water Blocks - Hard Drive & Memory”