2xHX-1080 Enclosure

Do-it-yourself and user modifications...
Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

2xHX-1080 Enclosure

Postby Izerous » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:13 pm

I have had two HX-1080 mounted to my side panel of my 800D. I always planed on building something from scratch then a Corsair 270R popped up for a pretty good price so I took a drill and saw to it over the weekend.

I planed on sneaking them through the side panels and fit the resiviour and dual pumps inside the enclosure but after some test fitting that wasn't going to work the way I wanted. So I cut the back out of the case and picked up some scrap steel and I'm going to make the equivalent of a sliding motherboard tray to make working on it a bit easier.

Still left to do
-Finish sliding tray assembly
-some filing on the cut edges and some touch up paint
-mount some PWM control boards
-re-plumb
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: 2xHX-1080 Enclosure

Postby Izerous » Wed May 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Some quick phone pictures, real camera is already packed away for the move.

Test fitting sideways

Blurry photo with wiring rigged up

My worst bend, puckers a bit near the top on the inside, the rest of my bends didn't do that and this was the very last one I did

Sitting on top of it's home

The top with the 90's that ended up being a touch too tall to fit through the existing opening.

They join into one to travel to the res.

full length. It's can be hard to tell in the photo but they drop down into the T fitting which is lower. And the next run actually moves down and over to the compound rotary.

Side shot, only soft tubing I used. I test fit a hardline in there but I simply could not get my fingers in there to do anything with it. So going with soft tubing gives me the slack to dismount the assembly off the tray then disconnect the tubing.

The in-ports come in from the bottom port on the tray through the soft line to a direct threaded T fitting and hardline over to the other radiator. They are plumbed in parallel.

Edit: Overall working with hardline has been fun, but it sure is more time consuming.
The case is also tapped/died? so the tray will actually be secured in part by thumb screws.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: 2xHX-1080 Enclosure

Postby Izerous » Wed May 17, 2017 1:25 pm

Some of the hardline I have bent for inside the case to match the hardline on the radiators. 1080ti doesn't have it's waterblock yet so I by-passed it with a soft line for now.

Trying to move to a new place so progress has been slow while I try to pack, finish this and deal with other stuff.
Corsair 800D
32GB Ram

Return to “DIY and Modding”