CM Storm Trooper water cooling project (noob)

Do-it-yourself and user modifications...

CM Storm Trooper water cooling project (noob)

Postby LunaticWoda » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:57 pm

Okay so Im new to water cooling and would like some feedback on how I should do things.

Just Purchased my new case ill be building up which is the new CM Storm Trooper figured Ill be going big or going home sort of speak...

(Hardware Ill be using)

CPU: Intel i7 2600k (goal is 5Ghz)
Mobo: Still debating but will probably be an Asus Sabertooth
RAM: 8gb Corsair vengence (skimping on the ram whatever) 9-9-9-24
Video card: Currently 9800 GTX+ but will be going to 2 7950's when they are out (obviously water blocks arnt out yet either so will just pretend they do for the build)

So what im thinking (this is where I need guidance big time)

the 2x140 radiator at the top with 2 high flow fans. (inside the storm trooper is 1 big 180? mm fan which ill toss
on the side of the HD bays ill add another 2x120mm radiator (im assuming this will fit when I rotate the bays).
Bump/resovoir thinking of getting the refurb RP-980bk from koolance and the CPU-370 cpu block from koolance... than i guess the holes on the radiators and cpu block are 1/4 so i guess ill get the compression nozzles from 1/4 to 3/8's (if thats what im supposed to get i think) and of course the 3/8ths tubing and koolance coolant.

If you have suggestions of what may be better or if im just buying wrong stuff PLEASE enlighten me.
LunaticWoda
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Return to DIY and Modding