replace liquid coolant pls advise

Do-it-yourself and user modifications...
zubziro
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

replace liquid coolant pls advise

Postby zubziro » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi

I'm about to update my computer and going to drain loop.
I need some advise about how much work do I need to put to cleaning before filling it up again?

Current coolant is: Koolance Liquid Coolant Bottle High-Performance UV Red will be replaced with exactly same coolant. The current and only one coolant is about 9 months old.

I'v read on some forums that peoples recommend to flush loop with distilled water sometimes with 10% of vinegar in it and sometimes even disassemble cold plates and clean inside.

All cold plates are made of nickel and rads is from copper.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: replace liquid coolant pls advise

Postby Izerous » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Unless there are signs of issues or your doing a color change I typically don't do more than just a flush. If I'm changing colors or brand of liquid I'll quite often change the tubing.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

zubziro
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby zubziro » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:01 pm

Izerous wrote:Unless there are signs of issues or your doing a color change I typically don't do more than just a flush. If I'm changing colors or brand of liquid I'll quite often change the tubing.

Thanks for answer.
Do you use only destiled water when you flush or do you add some vinegar other chemicals?

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:40 am

When I do this I typically have one sink plugged and partly filled with tap water and have a spare pump chasing the fluid through into the other sink. I'll only add vinegar if the part is brand new (get rid of any shipping or manufacturing contaminants) or if it looks dirty or something like that. If it looks clean will not bother.

Once I'm happy with the system being chased through with tap water I'll drain it as best as I can then quickly chase everything with distilled.

If I still have questionable feelings about parts I'll take them out and clean individually if necessary.

When I was still in an apartment and only had a single sink I did the same thing but put the tap water in a bowl and still drained normally into the sink.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Return to “DIY and Modding”