coolants leak on the video card

Do-it-yourself and user modifications...
extremelypc
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

coolants leak on the video card

Postby extremelypc » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Hello,

How to do if coolants leak on the video card?
I do not want to open the front and back plate cover.
I saw some coolants inside but I cleaned them all.
Some coolants drop out from the video card as well.
I let the video card drying for 10 days.

Should I turn on the pc?

Thanks

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: coolants leak on the video card

Postby Izerous » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:56 am

If the coolant is coming out where the fittings are the o-rings on the fittings probably need replaced. If the coolant is coming from the block itself where the top and bottom of the block attach to each other then the o-ring that seals the top and the bottom of the block probably needs replaced. That started happening to my 8800GTS blocks but it also took probably 6 years for that to happen.

Koolance does sell replacement o-rings for both the fittings and the blocks depending on what you need. But if the block is too old they may not have it in stock. For the 8800GTS blocks I was actually able to find replacement o-rings from local companies (oil and gas fittings and gasket companies).

Should not run the computer with it leaking until the leak is fixed.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

extremelypc
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: coolants leak on the video card

Postby extremelypc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:48 am

Izerous wrote:If the coolant is coming out where the fittings are the o-rings on the fittings probably need replaced. If the coolant is coming from the block itself where the top and bottom of the block attach to each other then the o-ring that seals the top and the bottom of the block probably needs replaced. That started happening to my 8800GTS blocks but it also took probably 6 years for that to happen.

Koolance does sell replacement o-rings for both the fittings and the blocks depending on what you need. But if the block is too old they may not have it in stock. For the 8800GTS blocks I was actually able to find replacement o-rings from local companies (oil and gas fittings and gasket companies).

Should not run the computer with it leaking until the leak is fixed.

Thank you

Return to “DIY and Modding”