TMS Software Not The Answer So What Is?

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...
NATURAL_ACID
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

TMS Software Not The Answer So What Is?

Postby NATURAL_ACID » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:07 pm

Whats up everybody?

So I'm getting ready to build a very expensive water system for my new dual quad xeon server, but noticed that a key piece of the project is not exactly working well, i.e. TMS software. My questions for the forum are, what exactly is a person suppose to use then? And the new firmware release appears to be problematic, but just not as much which begs to ask a question is there going to be another firmware release?

Personally I would hope so. I mean lets call it what it is, koolance gear is expensive and should work with minimal problems if none right out of the box.

Thanks

shaggy613
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: TMS Software Not The Answer So What Is?

Postby shaggy613 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:13 pm

I would hold off on the TMS for the time being. I think its more of a hardware issue than a software issue at this point. After posting this I will be requesting my 4th RMA for yet another board. I'm having the alarming issues that the firmware update was supposed to fix. My new boards last for about a week and then they go out. I have been able to fix them a couple times by doing a bios reset using three jumpers, but that only delays the board from completely crapping out. I can proudly say that I now have the first computer in the world that literally requires a jump start every time. I have a laptop with the TMS software installed on it. I have a USB cable that I run from the TMS board (installed on the desktop) to my laptop. As long as I start my desktop with the cable plugged into my laptop, everything works fine. I can then unplug the USB cable. The desktop will not start on its own. I have a strange feeling that the issue is focusing around the temp. sensors. I have all ten plugged in. When I get my new board I will use only one temp. sensor and see if that works.

The software isn't without its own faults either. Periodically I get temp. spikes. I'm not talking just one sensor raising or dropping a few degrees. I'm talking about ALL sensors spiking off the chart in both directions at the same time. Figure that one out.

Bottom line. Stay away from TMS until Koolance fixes the issues.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: TMS Software Not The Answer So What Is?

Postby Izerous » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:31 pm

It has been stated in another thread development is still in progress.

In the mean time hardware instead of software controllers have been proven reliable and funtional for main operations. Having a temperature shutdown is sufficient for most without the tms for now.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Return to “Software”