How do I..(TMS-200)

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...
Mikesnow
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

How do I..(TMS-200)

Postby Mikesnow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:20 pm

So, I had my TMS-200 for awhile like a month no problems. One day I come home from work, turn my PC on and the alarm is going off on the TMS-200. Made an RMA, tested a few things that were asked to test, and still constantly got the alarm. I read on the forums to unplug the usb header start the PC change the alarm settings to 99 degrees to all alarms, restart the pc and plug the tms-200 back in. Which worked great seemingly, i rebooted like 4 or 5 times and never got the alarm, board seem'd to be fixed. So the problem I have now is, if I actully turn my pc off. When I turn it back on it gives the alarm. In order to fix this constant alarm, I have to unplug the shut down cable, unplug the usb cable, then turn the PC on let it boot to windows. Once in windows allow the tms software to boot up, then plug the usb back in and shutdown cable back in. Once I do this a few secs later the red light will come on and the fans drop down to the proper speeds, and the alarm will then stop sounding.

My question is how do I fix this? It's pretty annoying the have to tear my pc apart just to boot it every time.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core I7-3930K w/CPU-360
32GB Patriot Viper3 Series 2133MHz Ram
2x Corsair Performance Pro CSSD-P256GBP-BK (Raid0)
2x Western Digital - 1TB HDD (Raid1)
EVGA GTX 680 w/VID-NX680
Silverstone ST1500 PSU
Corsair Obsidian 800D

alias5050
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: How do I..(TMS-200)

Postby alias5050 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:11 pm

Send it back and forget about it like I did.

Xwardox
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Xwardox » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:45 am

I have my TMS200 board running on a separate powersupply.
The board seems to have trouble with an unexpected power interupt without a warning :o

Mikesnow
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby Mikesnow » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:23 pm

alias5050 wrote:Send it back and forget about it like I did.

Yeah well it worked fine for awhile it just all of a sudden stopped working one day, Surely there are people with these that actully work? I mean if every single one was bad they would have stopped makeing / selling them. I just wish their CS was a little better or more a bit more responsive, seems like they have alot of good tech guys but not too many people persons at work at this company. I myself am a technician as well, and people just think I am being rude when I am trying to explain what they are doing wrong, which is why I am trying to do every thing I can to make sure my board is infact no good before tring to rma it. If I am doing something wrong then I want to know, which is why I am asking here. I just wish I could get a respone on what is going on with the board, and if it should be RMA'd.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
EVGA GTX 680 w/VID-NX680
Silverstone ST1500 PSU
Corsair Obsidian 800D

Mikesnow
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby Mikesnow » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Xwardox wrote:I have my TMS200 board running on a separate powersupply.
The board seems to have trouble with an unexpected power interupt without a warning :o

This makes no sense why would you need to have another PSU just for the TMS-200? The total limit on the board is 6.5A or roughly 80 watts with full load, I my case this shouldn't be a issue as I have 8 x 12v rails all of which capable of supplying up to 25A each, I have my TMS-200 on it's very own 12v rail, so it has access to 300W all for it's own, I am certain my PSU is not an issue. Most I have ever seen my power consuption reach was 950 watts, which still leaves me alot of power in reserve. Also have my system on an APC UPS system so power is never interupted, unless it's when I turn my PC off, which shouldn't cause a problem.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
EVGA GTX 680 w/VID-NX680
Silverstone ST1500 PSU
Corsair Obsidian 800D

Xwardox
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Xwardox » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:24 am

Mikesnow wrote:which is why I am trying to do every thing I can to make sure my board is infact no good before tring to rma it. If I am doing something wrong then I want to know, which is why I am asking here.

I totally agree with you. Koolance can't fix it if they don't know what is going wrong.

That's why I have connected my TMS200 controller to a second PSU independent from my PC to make sure my PC is not causing any trouble.
Sofar so good:
No squealing when my PC crashes

I have my fans connected to the TMS controller and I use the auto schedule to control the fan speed.
under normal circumstances the fans run at 1500 rpm. I can then stop the TMS programme and it seems the fans are still being controlled by the TMS controller.
If I disconnect the power from the TMS controller , the fans stop which is quite normal, because there is no power
If I reconnect the power again the fans go wild up to their max speed of 3000 rpm
It seems the memory (if any) on the board is erased. I have to start the TMS programme to return to a normal state

Mikesnow
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby Mikesnow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Xwardox wrote:I have my fans connected to the TMS controller and I use the auto schedule to control the fan speed.
under normal circumstances the fans run at 1500 rpm. I can then stop the TMS programme and it seems the fans are still being controlled by the TMS controller.
If I disconnect the power from the TMS controller , the fans stop which is quite normal, because there is no power
If I reconnect the power again the fans go wild up to their max speed of 3000 rpm
It seems the memory (if any) on the board is erased. I have to start the TMS programme to return to a normal state

The tms200 board appears to be mostly made of of voltage regulators and relays, I don't think it actully has a chip to hold memory. I would assume that as long as it is connected to the com port the software side of the system will keep everything running at it's current state (Fan speeds) but if there is nothing tell the board what to do, then the relays click themselfs to a passthru setting, which runs everything at full speed as you say. Which makes sense. You wouldn't want it to be the opposite and shut everything off.

Then again maybe it does have some kinda memory, they said they have firmware on them. To be sure it does seem there are flaws in these units some were, weather it be the boards themselfs or the firmware.

I guess I will start a new rma process, as there seems to be no answers, or replys here, I am guessing that means I have a bad board.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
EVGA GTX 680 w/VID-NX680
Silverstone ST1500 PSU
Corsair Obsidian 800D

pgili
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby pgili » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:18 am

Mikesnow wrote:
Xwardox wrote:I have my fans connected to the TMS controller and I use the auto schedule to control the fan speed.

The tms200 board appears to be mostly made of of voltage regulators and relays, I don't think it actully has a chip to hold memory. I would assume that as long as it is connected to the com port the software side of the system will keep everything running at it's current state (Fan speeds) but if there is nothing tell the board what to do, then the relays click themselfs to a passthru setting, which runs everything at full speed as you say. Which makes sense. You wouldn't want it to be the opposite and shut everything off.

Then again maybe it does have some kinda memory, they said they have firmware on them. To be sure it does seem there are flaws in these units some were, weather it be the boards themselfs or the firmware.

I guess I will start a new rma process, as there seems to be no answers, or replys here, I am guessing that means I have a bad board.

The TMS-200 has a 32F101 mounted the bottom, which is a 32-bit ARM microcontroller manufactured by STMicroelectronics. It supports 128 KB embedded flash, 20 KB RAM, seven DMA channels, two 12-bit ADCs, two master/slave SPIs, two I2C interfaces, two USARTS, three 16-bit timers, a 6-PWM timer, a USB port, a CAN, a voltage supervisor, a 8 MHz RC oscillator, and dual watchdogs.

The flash is organized into 128 kilobyte pages -- it is my guess that Koolance uses some of these pages for their firmware and at least one page for the boards configuration. What perplexes me why the firmware would patently ignore the configuration until the application comes up and connects to it? This happens to me every time I power cycle the system--not reboot, but turn it off and then back on again.

Return to “Software”