TMS-200 issue at startup

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...
GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Re: TMS-200 issue at startup

Postby GoNz0 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:46 pm

its the crappy software, disable the alarms on pumps and flow to stop it.

Fredthenuke
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Fredthenuke » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:08 am

This lovely problem is getting worse. Now I have the issue Gonzo has - as soon as the power button is pressed the board goes into alarm until the software boots up which takes 1-2 minutes. Both pumps run the entire time BUT that alarm sure is annoying. Koolance you getting anywhere on solving this? RMAing the board is a pain in the arse and as you can see from this thread is only a temporary fix to a larger problem...

[Koolance] Todd

Postby [Koolance] Todd » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Within the last couple of weeks we've devoted more resources to fixing the alarming at boot. We don't have an ETA for a fix yet, but hope to find one soon.

It may not be of much help, but in the mean time, we've found thermal padding or tape over the speaker works fairly well to dampen the alarm.

santiagodraco
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby santiagodraco » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm sure you know that it's more than the alarm, it's the entire "state" of the board that breaks. Not only does it beep until the software loads but it will also run at default settings, ie fans and pumps (if used) at max, until the software boots and talks to the card.

So I'm anxiously awaiting a fix as well. I've been stuck with the beeping card ever since they launched and I purchased it and the daughtercard :) So the sooner the better! It's just unfortunate this problem is out there as this really is a great addon board for enthusiasts.

bstout1
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby bstout1 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:30 am

i am having the same problem. My system is only 1-2 months old. I used it last night without difficulty, turned it off. When I went to turn back on this AM, it alarmed and won't let me get into the bios without shutting down. Gonna do some problem solving but I bet it's a flaw like everyone else.....no reason for it to fail. I can actually SEE the pumps are running with my flow meters in place.

LuciusDK
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby LuciusDK » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:06 am

i have the exact same problem as "santiagodraco", i had pulled the board out, because the "beep" sound is waaay too loud(at first i thought it was my PSU, that was making that high pitch sound)..
my board also stops "screaming", the second windows loads the software..

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:26 pm

i have no idea how long this new card will last for, i dare say the morning now i mentioned it :(

blu tak was very good at shutting up the alarm

i now have new pumps and still get low flow alert as the software kicks in, so that needs adding to the fix list as i have to disable the alerts.

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:32 pm

[Koolance] Todd wrote:Within the last couple of weeks we've devoted more resources to fixing the alarming at boot. We don't have an ETA for a fix yet, but hope to find one soon.

It may not be of much help, but in the mean time, we've found thermal padding or tape over the speaker works fairly well to dampen the alarm.

i just turned on to the dreaded tone and forced shutdown... how long until you fix this issue ?

it was a joke last time and took you 3 weeks after recieving my card to get it back to me for a 10 minute test and popping it in the post the same day.

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:41 am

another RMA has been started, lets hope its not another month as the last RMA was unacceptably slow.

Kentigern
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Kentigern » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:58 am

I too am waiting for this issue to be resolved. I have just finished fitting my replacement TMS-200, which it took the european distributors over 1 month to get to me, only to find that it has exactly the same fault as the one replaced. i.e. A screaming alam at bootup and shutdown. I have disconnected the ATX so I can boot my PC at all, so I am running at some risk. I am tremendously disapointed with both Koolance and their european distributors.

Return to “Software”