TMS-200 issue at startup

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...
rje
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: TMS-200 issue at startup

Postby rje » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:27 pm

Well, I thought I was one of the lucky ones. Never had a problem with my TMS for about a year, until now.

For the last 2 weeks, upon power up the alarm is ringing away until the software is loaded. I'm only monitoring 2 flow devices and 10 temp sensors with no alarms set.

I was planning on adding 6 fans and 2 pumps but I wonder if it is worth it now?

At build, my original plan was to build a similar unit. But, by the time you figure out your components, etch a board, populate it and program the controller, it costs alot more than the TMS. But at least I would be able to sort out the software bugs.

As far as fan speed display not showing unless you are at 100%, I would figure that the controller is not showing it as the fans are PWM controlled, so power is going off and on thus disabling the tach signal during the off period.

Wondering, if I were to take 12V through a 10k pull up resistor to the tach line would the software then display the fan speed? Or does that get disabled in the controller code if PWM is not at 100%?

This unit has been a problem since its release, is Koolance wiling to supply replacement units to all customers when the bugs have been sorted out?

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:10 am

under UK law a fault that is known about voids any warranty limits for 6 years, i am sure that they will replace any faulty TMS to save face anyway.

i had a strange one, mines corrected itself out the blue with no change at all! all i did was push some more blue tack onto the speaker and restarted the pc to be met with silence and the fans all running at there preset idle instead of 100% panic mode.

i do get fan speeds showing, some fans do not work as well as others with the RPM, the 10k option may work, its worth a try isnt it ?

try powering upt he system with a finger pushing on the speaker to see if it works ? it may be a dry joint in my case, i am not going to try again incase the damn noise returns, i am sure i will get a chance soon to test this theory though :(

i am lost as to mine working again, saves another RMA for now though!

Sonyphile
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Sonyphile » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 am

Any update on this?

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:25 am

yeh mine broke again, i have managed to ram so much blue tack in that the speakers now totally shut up until they fix it.

Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Fredthenuke
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Fredthenuke » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:27 pm

YAY! Will post outcome of new software tomorrow! For now COD Black Ops needs some exercising...

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:51 am

afraid the new software does not help. on the right track but the problems now intermittent

Fredthenuke
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Fredthenuke » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:54 pm

New software is spot on thus far (6 cold boots today and NO BEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP). I will give it a few days and see if it continues to behave.

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:43 am

well mines back to fault mode again for the past 2 days.

tylerplowright
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby tylerplowright » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:51 am

Mine has now started playing up. Will make the horrid noise until it communicates with the software. Only had it for like 5 months and bought it brand new off koolance themselves. Not cool. Any ideas on how to fix it? Using latest software, but the software isn't the problem, it will stop when it finally loads but until then its nearly unbearable.

Return to “Software”