TMS-200 (Software v2.1.28 *Beta*) Feedback - Post Here

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...

Does this software version stop your alarm-at-bootup? (Vote changing is allowed.)

Poll ended at Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 am

Yes
50%
Sometimes
33%
Not at All
17%

Total votes: 6

[Koolance] Tim

TMS-200 (Software v2.1.28 *Beta*) Feedback - Post Here

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:40 pm

This thread is for customer feedback on TMS-200 with software version v2.1.28 Beta.

Be sure to read the release notes to ensure a proper update.

We think this software version will fix the false-alarm-at-boot issue that some are experiencing. We're sorry that it has taken so long. Every TMS-200 board we've received back from customers with the alarm issue was fixed on any of our test benches using earlier software (upon first COM connection). During testing, we had to try to simulate other conditions that may have lead to an improper alarm state.

In previous software versions, a SET event was submitted each second to update the board. This is used to write various things like user changes to the pump and fan settings. If there is an abnormal power fluctuation to the TMS board during this process, our simulations revealed that data could be corrupted when written to the hardware. The new software sends SET events only when necessary, and adds some additional checks to keep the board and software better synchronized. This does not affect the rate at which data values are refreshed, like temperatures. The new handshaking process may cause changes to the board's rear COM LED behavior, so don't be worried if this happens now while the software is functioning.

Finally, this software is listed as "Beta" because: 1) we would like additional input on whether this fixes customer alarm events, and 2) we will be adding some more features in the next couple of weeks, but we didn't want to delay release of a possible alarm fix.

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Re: TMS-200 (Software v2.1.28) Feedback - Post Here

Postby GoNz0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:52 pm

2 reboots and all fell silent at bootup.
i have now removed the blu tak from the speaker and plugged in the ATX wire, all is good in the office of GoNz0 :ugeek:

glad you guys finally nailed it !

i took a backup of tmssy.bin but it nuked it on startup and i lost all my settings, make sure you take some screenshots of the settings or write them down, fortunately i had a pic of each sensor and knew roughly what each profile was :)

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:01 pm

just to add there is still a problem where the pumps do not respond to voltage change without a reboot.

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:11 pm

ok thats fallen flat on its face, rebooted a 3rd time and the frigging alarms back and it forced the system off.

[Koolance] Tim

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi Gonzo, since the pump speed adjustment seems uncommon among user complaints, you might have a defective board that actually needs to be replaced. Was this also an issue with your previous TMS board?

Regarding the system being forced off, is this occurring during boot-up, or after the software connects? If you disable the shutdown feature in TMS or switch to software shutdown, does this still occur?

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:30 pm

this was the same on the previous board, sometimes it just stops adjusting the pump voltages including the add on board (pump2) a reboot always gets it working again, sometimes it can take 30 seconds to change the pump speed as well.

reboot #3 brought back the alarm at startup that throws the relay to short the atx wire, it worked again on reboot #4 so your halfway to a fix but somethings still not quite right.

annoyingly i had just spend 10 minutes pulling bits of blu tak out the speaker to get it working again and have had to stuff it full again as i still cant trust it :(

i doubt the pump issue is uncommon, more a case of no one noticing unless your looking as its intermittent ?
(using your pmp400 pumps as well now)

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:52 am

and again this morning it powered up with everything 100% and would have forced a shutdown and beeped if i had not removed the wire and plugged the speaker :(

DeL
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby DeL » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:28 am

Finally the problem with TMS-200 beeping on startup when a non-Koolance thermal sensor is connected is solved. I have a Bitspower sensor plug connected to TMS-200 and now it works fine when the system is booting.
Thank you Koolance!

Orbi
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Orbi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:40 pm

I restarted my pc for the first time without the annoying noise. I will let you know in a week how it is going. So far so good.

Fredthenuke
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Fredthenuke » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:53 pm

So far so good! No BEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP at every startup until the TMS software finally connects and shuts it up!!! Only 6 cold boots thus far, though... Will let you know if it continues to behave.

I have noticed that all fans (6 total - 2 360mm triple radiators) come on for about 2 seconds at initial power on and then fade back to the fan control state the system was in when I shut it down last.

Return to “Software”