TMS-200 (Software v2.1.28 *Beta*) Feedback - Post Here

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...

Does this software version stop your alarm-at-bootup? (Vote changing is allowed.)

Poll ended at Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:48 am

Yes
50%
Sometimes
33%
Not at All
17%

Total votes: 6

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Re: TMS-200 (Software v2.1.28) Feedback - Post Here

Postby GoNz0 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:37 am

i wish mine still did that, its been broken again for 2 days with no sign of fixing itself, dam thing only worked for 3 reboots with the new software :(

*edit, working again.. anyone want to put money on how long for ?

Admin

Postby Admin » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:48 am

(Poll added to original post.)

Fredthenuke
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Fredthenuke » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Ammendment to my earlier post... The alarm at startup issue is not fixed with this revision when performing a COLD boot. Cold defined as greater than 15 minutes shutdown. If you fully power down and wait a few minutes the computer will boot with no alarm. If you wait 10-15 minutes it will alarm at startup every time.

To assist with this my alarm settings are OFF for all but supply water temperature which is set at 37C. Ambient in the room is 25C or less. My shutdown setting are all OFF except supply water temperature which is set at 57C. All flow alarms are disabled and set to 0.5LPM. I have dual loops with IM16 flow sensors showing an average of 2.0 to 2.5 LPM of flow with the pumps each operating at 9.14 volts (PMP 450 pumps).

The exact INSTANT the computer power button is depressed and 12vdc is supplied to the TMS board the alarm begins to beep. It continues until the TMS COMM PORT ON notation appears on the bottom right window status bar. It is noted with the new software that the TMS communicates much faster on startup than previously - but much faster is defined as 5 to 6 seconds faster than before.

Maybe add a software routine that allows the user to select a horn OFF delay of 1 minute when TMS software is not actively communicating with the TMS board. If a user sees this as a potential issue they can turn off the delay - and this removes liability from Koolance if a warning statement is noted. I am comfortable with no alarm indication for the first minute of startup as even with a pump failure the temperature isn't going to skyrocket instantly (plus the i7 processor will protect itself and shutdown at very high temps). Or add some type of logging function so we can determine what condition is causing the alarm and isolate it.

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Fredthenuke wrote:Ammendment to my earlier post... The alarm at startup issue is not fixed with this revision when performing a COLD boot. Cold defined as greater than 15 minutes shutdown. If you fully power down and wait a few minutes the computer will boot with no alarm. If you wait 10-15 minutes it will alarm at startup every time.

To assist with this my alarm settings are OFF for all but supply water temperature which is set at 37C. Ambient in the room is 25C or less. My shutdown setting are all OFF except supply water temperature which is set at 57C. All flow alarms are disabled and set to 0.5LPM. I have dual loops with IM16 flow sensors showing an average of 2.0 to 2.5 LPM of flow with the pumps each operating at 9.14 volts (PMP 450 pumps).

The exact INSTANT the computer power button is depressed and 12vdc is supplied to the TMS board the alarm begins to beep. It continues until the TMS COMM PORT ON notation appears on the bottom right window status bar. It is noted with the new software that the TMS communicates much faster on startup than previously - but much faster is defined as 5 to 6 seconds faster than before.

Maybe add a software routine that allows the user to select a horn OFF delay of 1 minute when TMS software is not actively communicating with the TMS board. If a user sees this as a potential issue they can turn off the delay - and this removes liability from Koolance if a warning statement is noted. I am comfortable with no alarm indication for the first minute of startup as even with a pump failure the temperature isn't going to skyrocket instantly (plus the i7 processor will protect itself and shutdown at very high temps). Or add some type of logging function so we can determine what condition is causing the alarm and isolate it.

i did notice warm booting within a minute or 2 would usually reslt in a proper startup, and overnight tends to cause the alarm, but it did boot this morning after 6 hours off normally. it faulted this afternoon again.

Balthazor
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby Balthazor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:28 am

Could you make it so if we select the 'start at login' option the software does not require admin priveleges? Installing a TMS service with elevated priveleges should do the trick.

Yes, I know I can disable UAC, but UAC has been around for several years now, and Microsoft has guidelines on how to create software that operates with elevated priveleges without needing user interaction.

I'm also aware that I can run the software as a task with elevated priveleges, which I do currently, but as long as you are continuing to improve this software I thought I'd ask.
Koolance TMS-200 / RP-1000 / EHX-1320 w/ HBK Fans / TT TMG-1 120mm Rad w/ Koolance HBK Fan / CPU-360 v1.1 / VID-597 v2 / EK Chipset Water block
Gigabyte x58a-UD7 / 980-x / 12GB RAM / 2 x HD5970
Creative X-Fi Titanium / Killer 2100 / Windows 7 x64

[Koolance] Tim

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Running TMS as a service for UAC has been discussed, but it will require a pretty large rewrite. Currently, our resources are being placed into fixing the erroneous alarm issue. After that, there is a list of other improvements to the software we hope to continue with.

Fredthenuke
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Fredthenuke » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:56 pm

well if you need info from us that are experiencing it please ask and ye shall receive!!!

Fredthenuke
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Fredthenuke » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:21 am

I have noticed lately that when NONE of my six fans is called for on startup the alarm doesn't beep while the computer is booting up... This occurs when the room is cold enough for the loop supply temp sensors to read less than 28C for the CPU loop and less than 30C for the GFX loop. When the TMS is communicating and I open the viewer all six fans show DISABLE and the alarm wasn't beeping when booting...

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby GoNz0 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:21 pm

trust me, thats not the case as i have started mine with every combination possible, just when you think you have is figured out it starts screaming as you power up.

Orbi
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Orbi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Well, after more than a week of testing, I'm happy to sat this update has fixed all my alarm screaming issues. I can now cold boot, restart, resume without having the house sound like it is on fire ;)

Thank you to the devs for tackling this most annoying issue. I hope the problems will be fixed for all the others.

Return to “Software”