Prolific drivers in Windows 7 x64

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...
eswimm
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Prolific drivers in Windows 7 x64

Postby eswimm » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:59 pm

I recently revamped my cooling system and part of that upgrade was purchasing a TMS200 board. I'd been using the TMS100 with the old XP64 driver by disabling driver signing on every boot. I expected the Win7 compatible TMS200 to solve that issue.

Unfortunately, I'm facing the exact same issue with the TMS200 as I did with the TMS100. Installing the new Prolific drivers results in a yellow exclamation and the drivers fail to start, claiming the name is already in use. I've removed the drivers, rebooted, reinstalled the TMS software, and nothing worked, except going back to the old XP64 driver from the original TMS100 software.

Is there some magic to making these drivers work correctly? I have no intention of re-installing an OS that is otherwise working correctly.

GoNz0
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Re: Prolific drivers in Windows 7 x64

Postby GoNz0 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:22 pm

no problem here, prolific have a WHQL driver here http://www.prolific.com.tw/support/file ... r_v130.zip

eswimm
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby eswimm » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Those were actually the drivers I was trying to use. I was able to solve the problem however. Uninstalling the XP64 drivers wasn't enough. I had to delete any trace of the old Prolific drivers from the registry, erase the driver files from system32/drivers and reinstall the latest drivers.

It's working fine now and I can stop disabling signing when I boot.

FuzzDad
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby FuzzDad » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:26 pm

At first I had similar trouble. There were times I could get it to work by de-installing everything and reloading and I could get it to recognize the software until I hard booted the machine...it then would either not reconnect or the port would say it wasn't working. I used regedit and cleared everything out. I reloaded the most current driver and it now shows as being available and ready. That said, when I plug into the TMS 200 I get nothing...no recognition that the port is available to use. It's frustrating because I bought all in...I have Koolance GTX 460 blocks, Koolance Rampage III Formula WB, the FM17 flow meter and the new 452X2 reservoir system w/two pumps. So far the biggest issues have been this software not working. I have an issue w/TMS 200 not pushing enough volts to my twin 450 pumps such that I have to use dedicated molex connection (rather than the 4-3 pin reduction cable)...but I'm to Koolance for a Kool $900 or so I I would sure like all this to work.

Also don't like that the TMS 200 can't push more volts to the pumps than 12...

FuzzDad
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby FuzzDad » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:16 pm

I still have trouble w/the software not recognizing the USB port after a full power-off situation. I end up re-installing everything to get anything to work. Can someone please explain this line in your installation guide:

"(NOTE: Windows XP 64-bit users must install separate PL-2303 drivers. These will be placed under /x64/ in the TMS folder after installation, and must be installed after TMS using Windows Device Manager.)"

So...what separate PL-2303 drivers, do I have to create the x64 directory, and how do I go about installing them using the Windows Device Manager?

Return to “Software”