Pressure reading and TMS205

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...
aperez8264
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Pressure reading and TMS205

Postby aperez8264 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:45 am

Does anyone know if they is a way to integrate some type of pressure gauge or pressure transducer with the TMS205 motherboard? I'm trying to find a way to get a pressure reading from the pump, but from what I've seen the TMS software doesn't have this output.

ENTROPY
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Pressure reading and TMS205

Postby ENTROPY » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:28 pm

There is no way to read a pressure signal on a TMS 205 per se. I think it was Freestyle? who had some pressure transducers of the right range that would work. You'd have to make you own adapter. You'd most likely need to build a circuit to read it also. I think there are one or two applications designed and posted in the Arduino community (shareware), if you are handy with that sort of thing. The circuit would be very much like the temperature indicating circuits. Get the same sort of signal from a transducer as from a thermistor or other temp indicator. Processed pretty much the same but software converts signal to pressure rather than temp. It might be possible to adapt a temperature readout using source code?

We decided to use 3 pressure gauges--more reliable and less hassle. One on the pump inlet also serves as a level indicator -- reads out in inches of water (we don't need or want a reservoir). With the gauges we also don't need a flow meter. No flow alarm or shutoff, but we will just use temperature for that sort of thing until the day when we might actually install pressure transducers--we put in extra ports for that day, should it ever ...

Return to “Software”