new tms 205 beta update release

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...
Warmonger
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

new tms 205 beta update release

Postby Warmonger » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Hello all,so far the tms-205_v3.0.0 beta has been agreat success,

My question is when will it be ready for the full release

regards Robert

ps: its been great using this software no errors, is there a time frame on the full release please and thankyou

peach :mrgreen:

wizard65
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: new tms 205 beta update release

Postby wizard65 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:11 am

Really????

I have been using it for a very short time period and have had issues. The thing can't even count the connected time properly, after running for 2-3 hours is says its been running for 56 hrs, after a day or two, it shows 1,400+ hours and minutes run time. It also keeps turning off and won't turn on, as if it can't see the board anymore. I tried switching back to the older version of the software, but it won't even run, throws an "out of memory" error, which is BS as the system has way too much memory for that to be happening.

I switched to this system believing it would be better, but maybe I should have stuck with the other system.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:38 pm

out of memory errors are far more complicated than the amount of ram you have in your system. Typically processes are given a cap depending on what they are by your system to prevent run away processes or a single process from being able to cripple your system.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Postby Ace0751 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:27 pm

What IZ said. Also switching from one language to another will take some time especially dealing with c#. They can't just transfer all the coding to the new language that will cause a lot of errors and will make the program unstable. And that out of memory error has nothing to do with RAM it's mostly about how much your CPU can process the application along with tons of other applications in the background you don't know about. Also their could be something with the coding in the beta program that eating up a lot of memory.

Give them some time for them to make the switch and they will come out with a great product and all the features we are asking for.
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz
Corsair DOMINATOR GT 12GB 2000mhz DDR3
MSI Radeon 290X
Danger Den Customized Case

Laz
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Laz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:13 pm

I have to agree, this poor thing is far from prime time. I've been using it for 3 months now and it regularly loads without displaying sensor data or fails after about 20-30 minutes run time. Lately it also has decided not to control any of the fans, pumps or alarms as well. I paid a pretty penny for the boards, sensors, pumps and all the koolance hardware that went into this build... its pretty irritating that the software isn't stable or particularly useful.

Fix it or don't sell it Koolance, choice is yours.

[Koolance] Todd

Postby [Koolance] Todd » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Unfortunately, it's been taking longer than we would have liked to release more beta updates. We'll probably have an update within the next 2 weeks that addresses many of the bugs everyone has brought up.

Anyone can PM me with screenshots / errors they get and I'll bring them up with our dev team.

We really appreciate everyone's patience.

mramsden
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby mramsden » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm glad to see work progressing on this ..

When I first start up v3.5.6 beta, it has the same manual and auto options for the pumps as for the fans, but after setting it up, when I click on Pumps to adjust, I now get a screen which is to profile the pumps.

How do I get the pump control back?

I noted in the settings file there are a bunch of settings for the fans auto settings, but not for the pump auto settings.

This control of the pumps works properly in the previous software, version 2. It automatically ramps up the pumps depending on the chosen temp sensor.

Requests:

- for those of us without pump rpm availability, would be nice to be able to plot voltage vs flow, which is the whole point of having flow meters.

- when deselecting a channel, remove the display line? 1 have 8 active sensors, but it shows 10 slots, even though 9, 10 are deactivated.

- even though I have only 2 fan sets connected, it wants to show 6 fan graphs. I have to manually set the 4 unused ones to zero. Should have a way to select the used channels for display.

..Mike

Return to “Software”