Info for Customers with TMS-200 Alarm/Shutdown & COM Issues

Koolance TMS Software & Hardware Interface...
Admin

Info for Customers with TMS-200 Alarm/Shutdown & COM Issues

Postby Admin » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:38 am

We believe we've solved the main issues involving power supply 5/12V rise. For some customers, this can result in: 1) having unresolvable COM connection issues, and/or 2) shutdown/alarm signals presented during boot-up.

The fix for customers having this issue is a firmware update on the TMS-200 board. Unfortunately, this can not be done via the USB interface. The board must be returned to Koolance for the update. Customers who are having this issue are encouraged to submit an RMA request on our website. Simply mention this post in the comments and we will provide further instructions. We will cover shipping costs for the board both ways. (Only the TMS-200 main board is required for the firmware update; please do not send any cables, temperature sensors, or TMS-EB200 expansion boards.)

Please note there are currently two versions of the TMS-200 PCB in the wild: Rev. 2.0 and 2.1. It is irrelevant which PCB version you have, as either board will require the firmware update if the above symptoms are present. The difference relates to how we program the TMS board on the production side.

We will place a small label on TMS-200 boards which have received this firmware update:

Mikesnow
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Re: Info for Customers with TMS-200 Alarm/Shutdown & COM Issues

Postby Mikesnow » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:16 pm

If our TMS-200 boards have the yellow round stickers placed on them indicating they have the firmware upgraded on them already, but still have the alarm shutdown boot problem, can we still get them RMA'd. My board just started doing this today, it worked fine for about 25 days.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core I7-3930K w/CPU-360
32GB Patriot Viper3 Series 2133MHz Ram
2x Corsair Performance Pro CSSD-P256GBP-BK (Raid0)
2x Western Digital - 1TB HDD (Raid1)
EVGA GTX 680 w/VID-NX680
Silverstone ST1500 PSU
Corsair Obsidian 800D

[Koolance] Tim

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:36 pm

If you have the latest firmware and software and still experience an unexpected alarm, please try the following:

Set the alarm temperatures to 99°C (for every sensor) and save their settings. If an expansion board is used, this should be disconnected to confirm main board issues. Then reboot and check for a TMS alarm. If it persists, please submit an RMA request on our website.

Mikesnow
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby Mikesnow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:20 pm

ok so I tried this like 3 times and it never stopped the alarm, only unplugging the power conector would stop the alarm, the OS i was using was windows vista 64bit. I got my copy of windows 7 ultimate 64bit installed it and tried again and it fixed the alarm issue. I am guessing my vista had corrupted the driver somehow? Oh and how do i cancel my RMA request?
Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Intel Core I7-3930K w/CPU-360
32GB Patriot Viper3 Series 2133MHz Ram
2x Corsair Performance Pro CSSD-P256GBP-BK (Raid0)
2x Western Digital - 1TB HDD (Raid1)
EVGA GTX 680 w/VID-NX680
Silverstone ST1500 PSU
Corsair Obsidian 800D

Gossmann
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Gossmann » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:58 pm

This question is to the moderator. I have the issue with the alarm and a couple of days ago it stopped doing it for whatever reason. My TMS-200 is a V2.1 with the yellow sticker. I did request an RMA per your advice. My question is you posted that shipping and handling is free both ways and that is not what my RMA confirmation states. It states that it is my reponsability to pay shipping both ways. I would like to know why that is the case since I have received a defective product. I paid the shipping the first time, when i puschased it directly from Koolance in hopes of getting a quality and solid product. Can you please help with the matter. My RMA number is 0110001. Thank you in advance!

[Koolance] Tim

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:20 am

Gossmann wrote:My question is you posted that shipping and handling is free both ways and that is not what my RMA confirmation states. It states that it is my reponsability to pay shipping both ways.

You should only be required to pay for shipping to us. Unless the product is out of warranty, we normally cover shipping back.

To be clear, last June we offered customers with TMS-200 problems (caused by original firmware) the option to have their board updated to the latest firmware without having to pay for the shipping. TMS-200 itself, like any Koolance product, does not include free two-way RMA shipping. We have not received any TMS-200 boards with original firmware for quite a few months, so our tech department has considered that specific issue closed.

With more recent firmware, a board with a yellow sticker, or a "rev. 2.2" board (which also has the latest firmware), any problem with the product that our tech department is unable to help with by phone/email would need to be handled through our normal RMA procedure.

Return to “Software”