Water block for Xbox 360

CPU water cooling blocks...
jmcinvale
Garden Hose Sharpshooter
Garden Hose Sharpshooter

Water block for Xbox 360

Postby jmcinvale » Mon May 04, 2015 5:48 pm

Are there any Koolance water blocks that will fit the CPU of the original Xbox 360?

I had two of the ones that came with the original Koolance Xbox360 liquid cooling kit, but one started leaking. I epoxied it back together a few months ago, but it is leaking again and I just need to go ahead and replace it.

Would something like this work?

http://koolance.com/gpu-200-video-card- ... ater-block

Even though the water block on the GPU doesn't leak I'd still like to replace it, but given the DVD drive is there height is a concern.

[Koolance] Tim

Re: Water block for Xbox 360

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:45 pm

The GPU under the DVD drive is the issue. It's an extremely tight space, and we're not sure if GPU-220 (our only small block with side fitting threads) would fit. The original Xbox kit had a GPU-180-H06, which is only half the height of GPU-220. For the CPU, GPU-200 might work.

jmcinvale
Garden Hose Sharpshooter
Garden Hose Sharpshooter

Re: Water block for Xbox 360

Postby jmcinvale » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Don't exactly know why the first one leaked.

I do have the other water block that came with the kit for the CPU, but I don't know where I saw it last.

I also looked online to try and find one of those single blocks that do both the CPU and GPU, but none are available anymore except perhaps overseas and I'm not about to go that route.

I would like to replace the 360 with an Xbox one then liquid cool that, but as of yet the Xbox one will not play the Xbox360 games.

What I did was buy another GPU 180-H06 maybe a couple years or so ago in order to provide a more direct path for the liquid and I don't remember if the one that failed was that one or the original one that came with the kit.

Return to “Water Blocks - CPU”