need help for building my wcs for 2 6990

Video card/GPU water cooling blocks...
egarayrosa
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

need help for building my wcs for 2 6990

Postby egarayrosa » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:13 pm

HI, friend y see in one post that i have a system like you but i need help for building my cooing system i have 2 sapphire 6990 in crossfire that work all time, i dont have any idea how building a water cooling system, need to know if you can help for chooise what i need i select right now this, i have a case cool master haf and power supply enermax evo 1250 mobo msi 890fxa-gd70 and amd phenom II x6

4 NZL-L10
1EX2-750BK-V2
4 HOS-10CL
1 LIQ-702BU-B
2 VID-AR699
2 NZL-L10P
1 CNT-VDA34-BK
1 CNT-VDA2-BK

what more need to add or need to remove for have a good wcs thank you wait your help
and sorry for my bad english

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Re: need help for building my wcs for 2 6990

Postby Ace0751 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:59 pm

I got your private message a couple days ago. I am not ignoring it just takes a few days to get the pm and respond. When I get home right now I'm on the phone.
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz
Corsair DOMINATOR GT 12GB 2000mhz DDR3
MSI Radeon 290X
Danger Den Customized Case

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Re: need help for building my wcs for 2 6990

Postby Ace0751 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:44 pm

OK its ok with you english its understandable. First off exos is a good choice just for the 2 cards since your not doing the CPU. Since the cards take 2 PCI e slots my best bet is just to go with the VDA34 so the VDA2 will have no use. As for the nozzles you don't need all swivels you can go with a couple pairs of compressions nozzles especially when you put the block on for the first card. Also get a few more feet of tubing cause getting extra tubing will be helpful if something goes wrong, and get a few bottles of coolant to trust me on this. You will need to drain the liquid one day so get a pair of no spill quick disconnects or if you want get a drain valve either way I will explain later. Everything else looks good.

Next will be the installation of the cards. First thing is first TAKE YOUR TIME!!!! Never rush liquid cooling cause it something will go wrong and the last thing you need is a dead 6990. When removing the screws make sure none of them are stripped and remove them with caution. When all the screws are removed including the ones that are on the GPU gently take the fan off and unplug the fans. Now the thermal compound that's on them will probably be dried up and will be impossible to get off with regular alcohol so I would recommend this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... ic%20clean. This will remove all that compound with ease. After you done that read the instructions on putting the padding on the waterblock. Once the block is properly padded just put the block on the cards gently. And make sure you put the backplate back on the card cause it keeps the chips on the back stable and plus you will have to screw the block on with the backplate.

Make a layout on how you want to set everything up, it will be a lot easier to assemble it by looking at the layout. OK now for draining, if you go the quick disconnect route, get a pair of male and female QDCs. If you go with the drain valve, you want the valve at the bottom of you loop it will make the draining process a lot easier. Hope you get extra tubing cause you will need it. Once you have everything setup including the tubing DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING!!! Having a loose nozzle when you turn the system on will have bad results so check everything twice and three times. Then start adding the liquid if the res fills up quickly just tilt the system back a little and let the liquid go through the tubing.

Once the liquid fills the res and stops going through the tubing, first pray nothing will go wrong and then turn on the pc. People will say just jump start the exos but if you did everything right you won't need to do that. What you will have to do is turn the system on let the liquid go through the tubing for a few seconds then turn it off. Then fill the res back up and turn the system on again, let the liquid run for a few seconds again and then turn it off. It will take a few of these steps to fill the res fully while having the liquid run through without any air bubbles.

Hopefully you won't leave your pc on all the time cause it will cause faster build ups and something might break when your not at home so leaving it on all the time will not be a good idea. Hopefully most of this info will help you out and I know Iz or someone will add to this cause he has been doing this for a while to so listen to his advice. And if you have any questions hit me up on a PM or ask on here.

STEPS:
Make a layout
Carefully remove the fans
Pad the waterblock
Add new thermal compound on the GPUs http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 38&Tpk=MX4
Put the waterblocks on
Install the cards
Install the tubing
Add the drain valve
DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING WHEN FINISHED
Add liquid
PRAY
Turn on PC and repeat process mentioned above
Hope nothing fries and have fun with your 6990s
Put up some pictures
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz