Thermal padding with my VID-NX580 blocks

Video card/GPU water cooling blocks...
pellelu
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Thermal padding with my VID-NX580 blocks

Postby pellelu » Mon May 14, 2012 3:41 pm

I installed my GPU blocks on my cards a few months ago. Since I'm changing a few things in my set up, I had to remove temporarely the blocks and I went back to air cooling. As specified in the instructions, I used the gray thermal pad included with the blocks. Since this pad is pretty sticky on both sides, I had a real hard time to remove the blocks without breaking the PCB... Now I'm ready to put back the blocks but I was thinking about installing the white thermal pad instead. The white one is sticky only on one side and for that reason, it will surely be more easier to work. I have two eVGA GTX570 and I noticed that one of them was equipped with white thermal pad.
So, is it OK to put white thermal pad between the eVGA GTX570 and the VID-NX580 blocks or do I really need to use the gray one? Is there any thickness issues or any thermal properties that will be missed if I use the white one.
Thanks a lot for your input.

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Re: Thermal padding with my VID-NX580 blocks

Postby Ace0751 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:13 pm

You won't have any problems with the white padding. The only difference is the thickness between the two so if you want more padding then go with the white. Koolance blocks send both pads cause the customer might want to use different pads for their card. Just make sure you cut the exact amount for the required space and you should be good to go.
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz
Corsair DOMINATOR GT 12GB 2000mhz DDR3
MSI Radeon 290X
Danger Den Customized Case

pellelu
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Thermal padding with my VID-NX580 blocks

Postby pellelu » Mon May 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Thanks, I'll go with the white pad.

Return to “Water Blocks - Video”