MB-EVX58 Installation Guide?

Northbridge, Southbridge, PCI-E chip, and VReg water blocks...
ryanaven
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

MB-EVX58 Installation Guide?

Postby ryanaven » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:06 pm

I was wondering if there were any installation guides for those of us who are new to water-cooling? I purchased all my blocks from Koolance, but none came with instructions. I'm sure they're assuming I've done this before, and though I'm sure most would think the instruction are self-explanatory, I'd rather not ruin any components after all the money I've spent buying them.

Below is what I've purchased for my EVGA E758-A1:

N. & S. Bridge - Koolance MB-EVX58
GPU - Koolance VID-398 (GeForce GTX 9800)
CPU - Koolance CPU-360
Mosfet - Koolance MVR-40 and Koolance MVR-PLTEV95
RAM - Koolance RAM-33

I do have an idea as to what I'm doing. I've done about five builds before now (about 1 a year), but none have been water-cooled.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me towards a forum or give instructions.

wgb
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Re: MB-EVX58 Installation Guide?

Postby wgb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:16 pm

If you get stuck during installation you can always call Koolance
(phone) +01 253-893-7551 (Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Time)
They are really great people and don’t mind answering questions.
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE Thuban AM3 125W (CPU-360)
ASUS Crosshair III Formula 790FX (MB-ASC3F)
8 GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 (RAM-35)
2 x Radeon HD 5970 Hemlock 2GB (VID-AR597)
BFG Tech EX-1200 PSU
2 x Western Digital 10,000 RPM VelociRaptor 300GB in RAID 0

MUGEN
Tactical Bucket Splasher
Tactical Bucket Splasher

Postby MUGEN » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Here's a list of manuals http://www.koolance.com/support/manuals.html You can find a manual for your CPU, GPU and mosfet. I would take a look at another MB block like the asus one to get an idea of what you have to do or look up the EK block for your MB as they usually have manuals for everything.
ERM-2K3U + HX-1320
i7 965@ 3.6ghz CPU-360
MB-ASP6WR
GTX 295@ 670/1476/1188 VID-NX295
6 sets of No-spill QDCs
EK-DCP 4.0 Pump

ryanaven
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby ryanaven » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 am

MUGEN wrote:Here's a list of manuals http://www.koolance.com/support/manuals.html You can find a manual for your CPU, GPU and mosfet. I would take a look at another MB block like the asus one to get an idea of what you have to do or look up the EK block for your MB as they usually have manuals for everything.

I found manuals link on another forum and bookmarked it for the future, but my bridge block isn't listed on there. I'm guessing it's because it's been discontinued here at Koolance. I bought mine from a reseller because of that.

I looked at one of the current full-cover bridge blocks to get an idea of what went where, but it shows the thermal pad needing exact placement on the bottom of the block, but I have no idea where that placement would be on mine. It's not in place of paste like I originally though. The paste is supposed to be used on both chips, but I still have no idea where to put that tiny 1" by 1/2" thermal pad. This is the only reason I've not yet finished my new build. I don't want to just guess and end up damaging or shorting anything out.

[Koolance] Tim

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:16 am

I believe the thermal pad goes on the thinnest wing that sticks out to the left of the NB area. There should be an equivalent place on the stock heat sink after you remove it. (Check the bottom pads/paste on the stock cooler to see what was in contact with the board.)

ryanaven
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby ryanaven » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:06 pm

[Koolance] Tim wrote:I believe the thermal pad goes on the thinnest wing that sticks out to the left of the NB area. There should be an equivalent place on the stock heat sink after you remove it. (Check the bottom pads/paste on the stock cooler to see what was in contact with the board.)

You're right. I went back and looked at the stock block. It had a small tacky, but firm substance on it. It's not a pad, but it is adhesive. I guess it's used to help keep the block from sliding if knocked during or after installation. I wish I would have noticed this last week! But that tiny strip was gray, and against the silver block, I didn't even see it.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!

Ryan

Return to “Water Blocks - Motherboard”