Why discontinue the MB-ASSTX79 Water Block?

Northbridge, Southbridge, PCI-E chip, and VReg water blocks...
Justjoe
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Why discontinue the MB-ASSTX79 Water Block?

Postby Justjoe » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:23 pm

I know my mobo is starting to get some age on it. Fact is though the mobo is still sold on newegg. The Asus sabertooth x79 is a very decent mobo. While I commend you building a full coverage block(MB-ASSTX79 Water Block) for this board in the first place, you fail horribly in three areas: Continuing to build the blocks(for a product that's still sold),for the utterly horrible tech support on the forums and the lack of actually updating the forums. You even still list the MB-ASSTX79 Water Block on the forums as being sold, which means you guys have been too lazy to update the list. There's a fellow in the forums that's had a thread opened asking for help on instillation of the block since April of LAST YEAR with NO RESPONSE.

This rig that I built, last year, is my 10th rig, and I should have water-cooled it then. Considering this boards long shelf life(the fact that it's not discontinued) one would think that any company that wasn't half-way would still support it, the vendors are completely dry. It's impossible to find that full coverage set up now. It's just beyond me that a company would actively cut a product that they could still make money off of.

Not that I expect a reply...

LMAC
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Why discontinue the MB-ASSTX79 Water Block?

Postby LMAC » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Justjoe,

This is my first time to the forms at Koolance. I also have a Asus x79 sabertooth that I bought 9 months ago and wanted to buy a MB-ASSTX79. Your post is the first post I have read and really concerned me of the lack of support on the form and updates. Thanks. Also dropping products when mother is one of the bestselling on the market today.

I was getting ready to buy from Koolance an ERM-3K3UC for over 1,110.00 plus a lot of part. Not sure now. Hate to buy product and worry about it being discontinued whenever.

I will call Koolance and see what they have to say…..FYI you on what I find….

zvonkorp
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby zvonkorp » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:39 pm

same here - i sold my sabertooth x79 because i koolance doesnt make their waterblock anymore - after spending almost 2000dollars on kooolance parts, brand loyalty was pretty important to me so i go out and get a rampage iv extreme, and when i get the money to buy the full board block for the rampage, koolance stops making that too.

pretty sour. i really wanted one, went with an EK full board block set. hate it. koolannce blocks look so much nicer, hate my computer as a result of this. stupid ek waterblocks.

now would be the time to make an exception and sell me one from the back or something guys thanks, koolance

-zvonimir

ghostcorps
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby ghostcorps » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:48 pm

I have one, and the rock :)

Thing is now I am moving to an ASUS X99 Deluxe and it looks like the blocks will even fit?!

I would love to know for sure so we can all know but the post I submitted here asking that question seems to have been lost in the mods inbox :(

Masika
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Masika » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Any change that I can get the dimensions of the MOSFET/VREG block? Does any of the generic blocks fit in its place?

Return to “Water Blocks - Motherboard”