Having some issues with the RP452x2

Pumps and reservoirs
Prophet
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Having some issues with the RP452x2

Postby Prophet » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:17 pm

So I have my 452x2 setup using two pumps and one res bay. But I think the pumps are working against each other. I have the loop back kit installed over the P1in and P2 out, without the added acrylic piece and using the short plug. I currently have my case on its back and took off the window. As I toggle my pumps on and off I find that each pumps is sucking its water through different hole. One will be pushing water out of one of the holes while the other will be pulling it. What have I done wrong and how should the reservoir be setup? No matter what I do I cannot bleed this thing! argh!

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: Having some issues with the RP452x2

Postby Izerous » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:00 am

I found bleeding the 452x2 quite easy with 2x PMP-450S pumps running at 12v and no throttle control. It is usually easier when you have a speed control but this really wasn't hard. All I did to bleed it was what I normally do, grab a spare power supply form the closest with my homemade power switch connected to it power up the pump and let it run for a bit sit there watch the fluid level go do top it off etc.

When it got he the point that it was not really lowering the fluid level anymore, but still throwing out tiny bubble foam out the back I tilted the machine around a bit and went to bed. Woke up in the morning and everything was good to go.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Prophet
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Prophet » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:24 pm

How do you have your res setup? I have the acrylic blocking piece in the top left with the long plug and the original acrylic piece in the bottom right. Loop back installed over the P1 In and P2out. No matter what i try I cant get any flow :(

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:49 am

Mine is a rev 1.3
p1 in looped with p2 out used fittings and a short piece of non-kinking hose since I have an aluminum rad the actual loop back connector would be bad. Not sure if it would have been better to do the other way around. Oh and the short plug not the long plug.

It isn't the highest point which usually makes bleeding easier but I don't have the clearance with the rad to mount it up higher without messing around a lot.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

[T]yphoon
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby [T]yphoon » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Prophet wrote:How do you have your res setup? I have the acrylic blocking piece in the top left with the long plug and the original acrylic piece in the bottom right. Loop back installed over the P1 In and P2out. No matter what i try I cant get any flow :(

looks like i am not the only one with almost no flow. best thing you should do is sell the reservoir
get a Bitspower D5/MCP655 Dual Top, 2 Bitspower D5 Mod Kits (for each pump) and a Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 or 150
and place the reservoir directly on top of the Bitspower D5/MCP655 Dual Top

main rig has that setup and has a beast of a flow getting low temps with the main rig and high temps with my 2nd rig

Return to “Pumps & Reservoirs”