Koolance RP-452X2 Rev 1.3

Pumps and reservoirs
Figueiredo
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Koolance RP-452X2 Rev 1.3

Postby Figueiredo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 am

Hello Koolance fans,

I'm aware there are lots of threads concerning this reservoir but I can´t seem to find the answer to my question so... if there's any kind soul around that could help me out I would be very thankful.

I got the Koolance RP-452X2 Rev1.3 plus the 180-U Rev1.3. I'll be using 2 pumps in series.

The problem is that Koolance doesn't ship mounting instructions with de 180-U and acrylic bypass and I'm getting pretty confused from reading so many threads with so many different information.

First I plugged the acryclic bypass in the lower compartment and the 180-U in the P2 Out / P1 In (lower 2 ports). This didn't seem correct to me as I was only seeing one inlet thru the tube and no outlet in the reservoir, it's strange!
Secondly I plugged the acrylic bypass replacing the tube in the top compartment and the 180-U in the top ports (P1 Out / P2 in), this way I clearly see 2 openings in the lower compartment that should correspond to outlet of full pass and inlet for the 1st pump and it's in the bottom so it should help bleeding...
I haven't yet filled the system because I don't know what is the best option here, maybe this is just dumb!

Can someone give me some instruction on how to make it work best?! I'm interested in getting the best possible flow and less bleeding hassle.

Thankx in advance guys!

[T]yphoon
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Koolance RP-452X2 Rev 1.3

Postby [T]yphoon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:39 pm

the problem is this: Koolance RP-452X2 Rev 1.3
thats your problem (and mine)
best thing is going for the Bitspower stuff

things that i will buy and that will be the stuff that works better then Koolance:
2x Bitspower D5 Mod Kit Matt Black
1x Bitspower D5/MCP655 Dual Top BP-2D5TOPP-BK POM Version

i will try to make a video from the actual flow i get with the Koolance and using the Bitspower kit

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:08 pm

My 180-U Rev1.3 and a few other things just arrived at the office about an hour ago. I remember it was written somewhere but the product page no longer seems to be active and I didn't spot it in the product archive. It is probably in the process of getting moved.

The connector is supposed to be on the bottom, and the bypass also in the bottom area if memory serves me correctly.

As a side not the RP-452X2 revision 2.0 seems to avoid all the issues from the 1.x series but the styling suffers for performance.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

erratic
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby erratic » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:18 am

If you don't mind me resurrecting this thread, I have a 180-u kit arriving soon for my rp-452x r1.3 and was looking for the best way of connecting it up. If anyone has any recommendations for how to connect it up, it will save me a bunch of testing.

I'd also like to request a link to the rev 1.3 manual and bleed kit on the website. 1.0/1.1 and 2.0 are there, but 1.2 and 1.3 are missing in action. Have you disowned these two revisions?

Return to “Pumps & Reservoirs”