Dial & Pump Components

Pumps and reservoirs
bmxjumperc
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Dial & Pump Components

Postby bmxjumperc » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:53 am

I have to have the pump dial turned all the way up to have an effective affect on the liqud and cooling (I don't have a flow meter yet) I can get by with the dial on the last notch but then only idoling, the dial has to be all the way up if in game or the Koolance display will give me the 50C overheating warning beep until I turn the dial up again (the pump is the 450S). I guess this is more of a comment and I am wondering if anyone else has additonal comments about this matter?

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Re: Dial & Pump Components

Postby Ace0751 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 am

OK I took a look in the case gallery and those fans look like they are 240mm and not attached to the rad. That could be causing the problem you are having, the rad needs to have breathing room so it can dispense the heat easy. If the rad does not have any room to breathe then what you are experiencing now will cause the temps to go up. If you can, try getting 2 120mm fans from koolance if you prefer the noise. I have two of them and hardly hear them inside the case, but see if those fans will fit on top of your case on the inside if they do, you can attach the rad onto those fans and should have better temps. Also in your pics I don't see the top of your tower does it have vents for the fans?
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz
Corsair DOMINATOR GT 12GB 2000mhz DDR3
MSI Radeon 290X
Danger Den Customized Case

Return to “Pumps & Reservoirs”