RP-985?

Pumps and reservoirs
Assocrace
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

RP-985?

Postby Assocrace » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:38 pm

My brother in law gave me a case with a Koolance watercooled unit in it. I think the case is also a Koolance case but not sure. On the radiator setup on top of the case it says INEX-3. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet that relates to that number. I'm looking for a manual for the pump and control box for it, which appears to possibly be an older version of the RP-985. I've got everything all hooked up but the problem now is I get an alarm as soon as I power up the machine and it says 1 S-0, which according to the manual for the 985 is a temp sensor open loop but it shouldn't be giving me an alarm with that. Any help in diagnosing this or what else you need to help identify the unit and then help me solve my problem would be great.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Re: RP-985?

Postby Izerous » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:16 pm

Koolance reps don't regularly check the site. In the mean time if you provide a couple pictures it might help someone like myself better help you identify the unit properly.

1 S-O does sound like a open sensor. This could mean the temperature sensor is not plugged into that channel or the sensor could be damaged (broken wire) causing an open circuit. It shuts down from this state as an intentional fail safe as if it doesn't know how hot the computer is then it cannot reliably keep the computer within proper temperatures.

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to short out the first sensor location to by-pass this. I don't know if that will make the alarm go away and just read an invalid temperature or it might actually cause damage.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Return to “Pumps & Reservoirs”