Pump Nozzle Base for PMP-450

Pumps and reservoirs
eliminator
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Pump Nozzle Base for PMP-450

Postby eliminator » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:46 pm

I bought the "Pump Nozzle Base for PMP-450" and the description says it is nickel-plated aluminium. is there any risk of corrosion?

Dragon
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Pump Nozzle Base for PMP-450

Postby Dragon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:00 pm

going on logic, if they sell it, I would say no.. no company wants to get a law suit for a faulty product..

i'm not a chemist, or an Admin, so I would check with them..

[Koolance] Tim

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:53 pm

The previous version, COV-PMP02P, was made of nickel-plated aluminum. If you are using this version with Koolance liquid coolant (and replace it every 2-3 years, as recommended), the chances for corrosion are very small. If you can avoid mixing components of bare copper and aluminum in the same loop, the risk of significant corrosion is even smaller. (Note that all Koolance copper blocks are gold or nickel plated.)

The new model, COV-PMP450A is made of acetal for customers who wish to use it in mixed-metal systems.

eliminator
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby eliminator » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:24 pm

unfortunatelly my blocks are copper. along with the pump nozzle base i am using koolance hose barb nozzles and and nozzle plugs. the liquid i use is feser. what do you think? thank you.

[Koolance] Tim

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:33 am

The nickel plating is a preventative measure, but not absolute. Our own coolant includes anti-corrosives that should inhibit a reaction for some time, but I'd recommend watching the coolant every few weeks for color change or cloudiness. If it starts to occur, change the coolant immediately.

Crashish
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Crashish » Mon May 23, 2011 4:51 am

If the COV-PMP450A is made of acetal. why does it say and i quote: "A solid aluminum cover sleeve for the pump"?

if is acetal, should u not change it on the sitepage so it doesnt confuse anyone. Since i am looking at it, and i want that part, is it really acetal or is it aluminum? Cause i do not want to run coolant since all the parts ill be running at nickel plated (all koolance). I want to run distilled water/ silver.

Ace0751
Fire Hydrant Gunner
Fire Hydrant Gunner

Postby Ace0751 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:00 am

I don't know much about different metals but when it says aluminum sleeve I think they mean their is small inside cover of aluminum inside and the rest is acetal. Is it along those lines koolance
GIGABYTE X58-UD7 Mobo Rev. 2
Intel i7 950 3.25Ghz
Corsair DOMINATOR GT 12GB 2000mhz DDR3
MSI Radeon 290X
Danger Den Customized Case

Return to “Pumps & Reservoirs”