Koolance CPU-340/Peltier

Complete water cooling systems (for example: Exos-2.5, PC5-1336, etc.)...
bryan762
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Koolance CPU-340/Peltier

Postby bryan762 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:28 pm

Anyone reading this ever had experience with peltier cooling? was playing around with the idea. building a new PC around a ASUS Striker II ultra / quad / and original EXOS 1a and CPU-340 block. do we think a peltier system worth the effort? and do we expect any condensation around CPU? cash wise it ain't about all that, maybe 150.00 with secondary power supply. anyways, sure would like to here from a clocker who's dabbled with a water cooled peltier. any thoughts are welcome though.
bryan762

Nate
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Re: Koolance CPU-340/Peltier

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:48 am

Peltier cooling can get rather dangerous if you are not experienced with it. My first attempt at it resulted in a fried processor. I made good on my second attempt but didn't see a massive performance increase. It does keep the processor bellow 0 C and does allow you to overclock a little further. In my opinion Pelt cooling isn't worth the potential expenses. If you are running in a heavy humidity area you will get significant condensation around the CPU and on the underside of the motherboard. You also have to make sure to insulate your tubes or you will get condensation on them. The performance increase is nice but it results in a system that is not stylistic and can become an eyesore if you are "showing" the system off to your friends.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:33 am

In most cases it doesn't appear to be worth it. I have had a few friends to submerged oil, peltier cooling etc. Also expect to pay more on your power bill. And because of the way you need to insulate it, it makes things like swapping out the CPU a bit more difficult. Unless your in it to stay in it it just isn't worth the headache for most people.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

[Koolance] Dean

Postby [Koolance] Dean » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:20 am

I recommend if you want to start using peltiers to make yourself a chiller that regulates itself based on block and ambient temperature. Its a lot more difficult but its a good introduction into peltier cooling :)

Return to “Water Cooling Systems & Kits”