Problem with Koolance PSU-1300ATX-12N

Fittings, nozzles, quick-disconnects, speed controllers, power supplies, & everything else...
juggero
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Problem with Koolance PSU-1300ATX-12N

Postby juggero » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:54 am

First of all I apologize if this is not the right place, unfortunately there was not a specific thread for the Koolance PSU.
I build a system based on Asus Rampage Extreme and I tried to build a watercooled system. As far as I can see I managed to do that, the only big problem is with the PSU I've choosen:

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/p ... uct_id=665

When I try to save any BIOS setting which include modifications to RAM, CPU, NB or SB parameters, the PC shuts down, then it tries to start again but all the lights on the MB blink for less than a second and then they turn off. After that, the ROG logo light on the MB and the X-Fi board light turn on, as like you just power up the MB, but if I press the case power on button nothing happens. On the back of my PSU a light starts blinking (it tells DC-ON) and on the manual it's written that when it happens you should remove the AC Cable and wait 15 seconds. I do this but when I restart the PC the MB blinks for a second and then turns off with the green light behind the PSU. The only thing I can do then is to reset the CMOS and then all gets fine but I lose all the settings. By the way, when the green light on my PSU is blinking, if I don't remove the AC cable and I just reset the CMOS, the green light stops blinking but of course the settings are lost as well.
So, I tried with a cheaper PSU (Antec 1000), and, although I cannot power both the graphic cards I own, everything works fine!!! Yes, after I changed BIOS parameter there was a sort of turn-off / turn-on cycle but then the PC restarted with all the settings properly saved.
I tried with 2 different Rampage Extreme and I had the same result.
What could be the problem? Please, help!!!

Thanks a lot

[Koolance] Tim

Re: Problem with Koolance PSU-1300ATX-12N

Postby [Koolance] Tim » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:35 pm

If you haven't already done so, please submit an RMA request on our site so we can directly assist you.

juggero
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby juggero » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:22 am

sorry, I couldn't wait nor I could open an RMA (bought your PSU on eBay)
Bought a Corsair HX1000, now my pc is properly working. too bad, though, I wasted lot of money...

Nate
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby Nate » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:51 am

juggero wrote:sorry, I couldn't wait nor I could open an RMA (bought your PSU on eBay)
Bought a Corsair HX1000, now my pc is properly working. too bad, though, I wasted lot of money...

Be careful buying very technical parts such as a water cooled power supply over eBay. Somebody probably took it apart and screwed up the internals trying to mess with it or just got a lemon and would rather just screw someone else over than RMA it.

Izerous
Rain Maker
Rain Maker

Postby Izerous » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:41 am

While everyone likes a bargain there are just somethings you don't buy used. PSU's is one of them unless you buy it in person and have a PSU tester with you. There are so many things that could have been done to the PSU to damage it that you would never find out about. He could have swapped the internal fluid; ran it without connecting it to a rad/pump etc and cooked it. All which would have voided the warranty thus making RMA not possible and just sold it off.
Corsair 800D
2xPMP-450S > Amd FX8370 > Asus CH4-EX > AMD 6990 > AMD 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
32GB Ram

Team NexGen
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby Team NexGen » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:04 am

Buying used equip on Ebay is kind of a crap shoot... I have mostly been burned by used equip (no Koolance parts though)
"if it Dont OverClock its Broken!"
www.NexGenOverclocking.com

BPFLOYD
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby BPFLOYD » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Mine acts simular on a Intel DX38BT when I change the bios.
Shuts down, powers on for a quick second then powers down again.
I have not checked to see if the psu green light flashes or not, I will look at that next time.
My voltage readings seem low also,12V=11.812,5V=4.921,3.3V=3.180,1.5V=1.171.
I also have a nagging problem everytime I power up.
I hit the case power button on everything powers up for a quick second then shuts down for a quick second and then starts up normal. It has done this since I put it in and now is really bugging me.
If I run my PC&Power psu is starts up normal.
I have tried to contact Koolance after sales support and then sales, no reply since 12/17/08.
So I just submitted for a RMA.

Team NexGen
Water Balloon Grenadier
Water Balloon Grenadier

Postby Team NexGen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:44 pm

Have you tried emailing Tech@koolance.com ?

you should be able to contact someone there who can get things sorted out.

BPFLOYD wrote:Mine acts simular on a Intel DX38BT when I change the bios.
Shuts down, powers on for a quick second then powers down again.
I have not checked to see if the psu green light flashes or not, I will look at that next time.
My voltage readings seem low also,12V=11.812,5V=4.921,3.3V=3.180,1.5V=1.171.
I also have a nagging problem everytime I power up.
I hit the case power button on everything powers up for a quick second then shuts down for a quick second and then starts up normal. It has done this since I put it in and now is really bugging me.
If I run my PC&Power psu is starts up normal.
I have tried to contact Koolance after sales support and then sales, no reply since 12/17/08.
So I just submitted for a RMA.
"if it Dont OverClock its Broken!"
www.NexGenOverclocking.com

BPFLOYD
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby BPFLOYD » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:47 pm

Team NexGen wrote:Have you tried emailing Tech@koolance.com ?

you should be able to contact someone there who can get things sorted out.

I tried, after sales tech and sales using the Koolance webform.
Does that go to the same place as Tech@koolance.com ?

Ok my green psu light turns on when my computer starts up and then shuts off when my computer shuts off and then turns on and stays on when it finally boots up the second time. No blinking here.

BPFLOYD
Water Pistol Grunt
Water Pistol Grunt

Postby BPFLOYD » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:25 pm

I have had a RMA open since 1/12/09 and I am still waiting for a replacement.
I have replied on the RMA web form numerous times since last communication from Koolance on 2/26/09 and I have not heard a peep from anybody since. I also contacted Tech@koolance.com and [Koolance] Tim to see if the webform is working, again not a word from them. This is sad ! 5 months worth of hassle and piss poor no customer service.

Return to “Fittings, Nozzles, Quick-Disconnects, Misc.”